OEM Exhaust

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Hello,

Just picked up an ITR DC5 and it has come with an asbo loud Buddy Club exhaust, I much prefer the intake sound you get with aftermarket induction kits! I am looking to put the car back to stock exhaust wise and I was wondering if anybody has an OEM exhaust system laying around? I will find out tomorrow how much of the OEM exhaust system is needed.

Any recommendations is greatly appreciated, cheers!

Callum_DC5

I also have one based Birmingham if thats any better mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

I'm in the process of getting a new OEM B pipe. £196.26p and a six to eight weeks wait.

The flange between the resonator and the back box is about to crack away.

Regards.

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Morning,

Ah, I wasn't expecting a couple offers, I honestly thought that this would be a pain to find! I am in Exeter but would be happy to travel for a good quality OEM system. I'll find out later how much of the system is original and then get back to you guys.

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Thats not a bad idea, i'll give them a call.

Ok, so had it on the ramp this morning. The exhaust is a Buddy Club Pro Spec full catback system and looks in pretty good condition. Anybody know what these go for second hand?

Rom

Advanced Member
Any decent condition system should see between 2-300. Rare stuff obviously more.
They are about £500 new.

You sure on the model? As the Pro Spec isn't the loudest lol.
I run a Spec 3, which is a slip for system. Easiest way to tell it apart. Have a look on the Buddyclub site, there's a few specs, with pro etc thrown around.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Torque GT

Parts Trader
Mudgey said:
Thats not a bad idea, i'll give them a call.

Ok, so had it on the ramp this morning. The exhaust is a Buddy Club Pro Spec full catback system and looks in pretty good condition. Anybody know what these go for second hand?
I've just seen this thread! I assume you're the chap I spoke to yesterday who was after an OE exhaust?

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Hi,

It was indeed! I am still on the hunt, if you do happen to know of one for sale please let me know.

Just checked out the Buddy Club website and it is the same as the Pro Spec III, maybe not the loudest but still louder than stock haha

Torque GT

Parts Trader
Mudgey said:
Hi,

It was indeed! I am still on the hunt, if you do happen to know of one for sale please let me know.

Just checked out the Buddy Club website and it is the same as the Pro Spec III, maybe not the loudest but still louder than stock haha
We do occasionally end up with used OE systems. I'll drop you a PM if we happen to get one. Failing that, check out the Fujitsubo system I mentioned yesterday. Not intrusively loud, looks fairly close to OE, and I'm offering a 10% forum discount and free fitting if you're prepared to drive down to us :)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I have the RM01A with a race header and it's completely fine. Doesn't drone and no woman that's been in the car has complained about it so far.

antech

I run oem back box with sportec b pipe unsilenced,no drone,no wallet basher. intake, have mugen airbox.nice and silent but throaty when the revs come up.no drone at 70mph,does me fine.the oem tailpipe is still quite large,apparently there is a passive valve inside oem back box to open up under high pressure.

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Update - Managed to find a great condition OEM cat back system from a local-ish guy, id your reading this, cheers buddy! Will get this fitted up soon :)