OEM Headunit

strick_dc5

Hello everyone, sorry if this has been asked a thousand times, i've been searching and can't seem to find a definitive answer.

What is the standard headunit on a DC5, has anyone got a picture? and is it any good?

My car has got an aftermarket JVC headunit (double din) but it has a cassette player and a cd player and the cassette thing is irritating me being 2011 and all, i'm also too young to own any cassettes.

If anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it

clngai

strick_dc5 said:
Hello everyone, sorry if this has been asked a thousand times, i've been searching and can't seem to find a definitive answer.

What is the standard headunit on a DC5, has anyone got a picture? and is it any good?

My car has got an aftermarket JVC headunit (double din) but it has a cassette player and a cd player and the cassette thing is irritating me being 2011 and all, i'm also too young to own any cassettes.

If anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it
I've got the original double din one, I can try to get you some pictures tonight or tomorrow :eek:

rodney

Advanced Member
Mine came with a very similar Pioneer, wasn't that one though. OP, they're pretty pish mate, you can can get an iPod double din for as little as £150. I'm happy with my Alpine offering.

Stoo

Whining.....
Bee 123 has posted the OEM 6 disc changer, double din.

There is also a double din tb/nab type OEM unit. And also a single din single CD Unit too.

Those are the OEM units.

All your pioneer, carozzeria..... Are all aftermarket and not OEM.

Don't forget, DC5's had a 'no radio' option when being specced.

bee123

Advanced Member
clngai said:
bee123 said:
Thanks clngai :oops:

Is it the same as yours?

ya, thats exactly the same as mine. thinking of chaning it to those support ipod
If you do change it and want to sell the oem one i would be interested.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Grov said:
The OEM one will struggle with Radio.
Yes...it will need a band expander to get UK radio...in all honesty,you`d be better off buying a new UK model double din unit as it would have all the connectivity you could want,play cd`s and link up with an Ipod etc.They arent that expensive..a decent one would cost from around £200 up to as high as you can afford..HTH David :wink:

bee123

Advanced Member
First one came with the car OEM

2nd one nice sound but the USB would not work and the colour bothered me.

What i have now Kenwood sounds and looks great. (For the price)

Bryn

Yes...it will need a band expander to get UK radio...in all honesty,you`d be better off buying a new UK model double din unit as it would have all the connectivity you could want,play cd`s and link up with an Ipod etc.They arent that expensive..a decent one would cost from around £200 up to as high as you can afford..HTH David :wink:
100% agree. Make's much more sense to buy a new UK model Double Din. And sure if you are short of a bit of cash, you can pick up a second hand one for good money :xcheers:

kingston

Advanced Member
There was also a tv screen oem one as well but nobody was ever able to get it to work in the UK

Carrozeri is pioneer but the top end

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Gathers? CD/DVD/MD/Sat Nav? Looks very similar too mine. Tv/Sat Nav Recievers on the windscreen?
Thats the one! 8) took me a while to pull them off!!! GPS still on the dash though, left the lead there incase I ever needed it.

cwwoodley

I have the Gathers one with the sat nav and tv fitments, but all i do is listen to the radio and cd, ive got loads of wires underneith my passenger seat which used to fit in to an amp or multi changer but i guess the last owner or garage had that out when it changed hands,

would love a double din ipod one but i quite like having the jap writing on mine, was a nightmare to learn what everything did, but now i know i look well clever!!!