Oem Tow Eye Locations (front and rear)?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi all not sure if this has been asked before and just out of curiosity does anyone know where are the oem tow eye locations are on the DC5 as I have not actually seen them ever but I have seen loads of people with aftermarket tow eye strap things coming out of the bumpers and wonder why they don't just use the oem ones (if the car has any)?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
There's one on the rear from factory, which does the job. I guess people want aftermarket ones for the look or just preference?

Some people run a front tow hook as if you spin off on track and the rear isn't accessible by the tow ropes, they'll tow you from whatever they can. I've seen it where they have used the front strut brace to pull cars out of gravel traps etc. Often the strut brace gets bend and damaged from this.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
There's one on the rear from factory, which does the job. I guess people want aftermarket ones for the look or just preference?

Some people run a front tow hook as if you spin off on track and the rear isn't accessible by the tow ropes, they'll tow you from whatever they can. I've seen it where they have used the front strut brace to pull cars out of gravel traps etc. Often the strut brace gets bend and damaged from this.
Oh ok cool cheers, wasn't sure and was certain I had never seen one before on there before :) Thanks for confirming

carl hammond

Advanced Member
spooke said:
There are also two front locations under each corner of the front bumper.
Cool cheers, I guess the strap ones I see on the front are purely for choice and looks :)

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Of course if you use the front points it will likely rip the bumper off, especially if in gravel.
I think people use the large cross bar when fitting the straps.