OEM Wheel Refurbishment

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
OK chaps,

I need to get two CW OEM wheels refurbished, anyone know of a really good place that will do a top job? Prefer somethign in the south east as i dont really want to post the wheels. I imagine tyhat not too many place can match CW. Hope i might be wrong.

Thanks............

morgan

Advanced Member
Can you get the colour changed ?

Prefered the look of my DC2 (red with smokey-grey wheels_ to the DC5 silver wheels.

Can you get standard wheels recoloured ? Assume they just get stripped and re-lacquered ?

Anone any idea how much ?

Metalhead

Cost varies - most places will just key and re-paint the existing paint and also many companies (such as Wicked Wheels) dont actually remove the tyre. The bad news with this is it creates a paint lip around the wheel edge so the next time you get new tyres the machine that removes the old tyre chips the edge of the paint all the way around so they need refurbising again! :shock:

Expext to pay around £35 per wheel for a 'quick fix' as above. Last time I got a set of wheels done I got a local tyre fitter to remove the tyres, then got the wheels bead blasted (stripped) which cost £50 and then used a professional paint shop to repaint them in the correct colour code which cost £50 each. Getting the tyres back on and balanced cost £8 per wheel. Not cheap at aroubd £280 but a brilliant job which lasted years!

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Thanks, will try TGM first and try and fit them in. I want a full puka job so i'm willing to pay for it. No expense spared when it comes to the DC5 :shock:

Ideally i would like to find 2 more OEM wheels. Dotty does he still have them?

Martctr

Advanced Member
John @ JP polishing Canvey Island.

Tyres off, sandblasts, paints, new valves, wheel balanced about £45 a wheel.
I just had my alloys done black by him and the work is top notch.

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Martctr said:
John @ JP polishing Canvey Island.

Tyres off, sandblasts, paints, new valves, wheel balanced about £45 a wheel.
I just had my alloys done black by him and the work is top notch.
THX,

Ian

Martctr

Advanced Member
Only issue is you have to leave just the wheels with him for two days as he has no room to store cars.