OEM Wheel Refurbishment

Topter

Hi guys,

Until I can afford the wheels I want I figured it may be a good idea to get the current wheels refurbished as they are a little bit stained and in areas the paint is flaking off a little bit.

Prices seems reasonable going by some websites a simple Google search brings up.

My query is what exactly do they do? The idea that they are mobile suggests it's nothing too complicated. There was an article with a how to do it yourself on these forums but the link no longer works.

Is it literally a matter of spray painting them?

Anyone had this done recently? If so what kind of price did you pay? and can anyone recommend a company in the South East?

Many thanks
Tops

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
I paid 400£ for my wheel refurb, they were chemically stripped, welded where weak, rubbed down and sprayed properly.

You get what you pay for, they came out looking brand new, whereas if you pay some back ally chap 200£ for a run of powder coating the wheels will be rough up close and won't be a good colour match.

But yeah you can DIY too.

G Man

Advanced Member
Wherever you choose make sure they paint the entire alloy and not just the face.

Topter

Thanks guys, I think I'm probably just gonna get the FN2 Civic wheels if it's gonna cost £400 to get this done to a decent standard. Just thought that for £200 (which were the rough prices online) it would maybe be worth it.

Erm

Advanced Member
Lepsons are the only place i'd take alloys to be refurbed. Slightly more costly and need them for longer but never seen anyone else do a job like they do.

tico_87

Advanced Member
I was in the same situation but decided just to save the money towards new alloys instead of getting them resprayed.