OEM wheel weight

MattDC5

Advanced Member
Okay, so ive looked at 10 pages the search threw up and nothing!!

I know they're pretty heavy but how much do OEM DC5 wheels weigh?

Thanks

Evs

Advanced Member
Ah, you needed the weight to work out postage did you?

There are courier companies that advertise on eBay that will shift a set of wheels and tyres for reasonable money. I sent a set of DC2 wheels & tyres up north for about £25, they did exactly what they said they'd do - collected on the dot and delivered next day 8)

Worth a look if that's what you need :)

MattDC5

Advanced Member
Cheers for that chaps.

Think i may have to phone the one you posted Stu as i need to post to Germany.

Cheapest quote so far has been £110 :shock:

SpideyMack

Advanced Member
I used Paisley Freight to send a set of wheels I sold to a guy in Birmingham. Saw them on ebay and Paisley is quite close to me so made sense.

They subcontract delivery to ANC and the ANC van was hijacked and stolen in Birmingham :shock: Pretty rare event I would think and the rest of the service was spot on - picked up on time and the guy from PF was very helpful sorting out a refund for the stolen wheels.

VTeCMonKeY

Advanced Member
no sorry matt it was just a uk - uk price i didn't read the thread fully, i'm sure the prices will still be among the best you will get though, just run through a quote with them :)

NAS

Can someone confirm that the OEM wheel weighs 8,65kg?
I mean... Has anyone actually weighed an OEM wheel?

Because I did, and the result was 21kg (wheel wrapped with Yokohama Parada 215/40/17)
That means that the tyre weighs 12.35kg?? :shock: :xconfused:

On the same scale I weighed 1 Rota Slipstream wrapped with the same tyre (Yokohama Parada 215/40/17) and was 19Kg.
So slipstream weighs only 6.6 kg :shock:

On http://www.wheelweights.net slipstream 7.5x17 is 8.4 kg

What am I doing wrong :xconfused: :-k

tomlin

Advanced Member
when customers send alloys with us and tires it is normalled about 20-25 kg an alloy and tire

You got to mind that the air in the tire makes it heavyer

tomlin

Advanced Member
Just letting you know i should be able to sort out for you dont quote me be i think is about £35 with £50 insurance

If you can provided LXBXH sizes i will be able to confirm Thanks

Zen1

Advanced Member
I seem to remember an oem wheel weighed 9.1 kg and was definately heavier than the 8.6 kg
stated on here in.

Think i took a photo of one on my digital scales as I was comparing them to my volk wheels at the time. I can maybe check later.