Of all the things to hit on track..!!! >_< (video included)

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
I was at Bedford Autodrome last month and managed to hit a rabbit on my first lap! :xmad:
It was probably a Hare as it was a big f'ker! The timing was impeccable!
I was doing just over 100mph at the time too so couldn't have avoided it :xrealangry:

Ignore the squeaky brakes as they hadn't heated up yet :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&v=hsCoKuf9BCg (best viewed in HD)

It managed to crack my lower splitter and I had to pick bits of furr off my lower strut brace :lol:

Enjoy!
Nick

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
JT3173 said:
Gutted for you mate, little bugger!
Any photos of the bunny? :D
Nope...there wasn't much left of it :lol:
Plus they had to send 3 recovery vehicles to clear the track :p

alucardo

Advanced Member
What exhaust mani and induction are you running just curious how you got on with noise limits?

I had a similar experience in my old civic hit one at 70 spent the following day scraping it out from my wheel arch not nice...

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
alucardo said:
What exhaust mani and induction are you running just curious how you got on with noise limits?

I had a similar experience in my old civic hit one at 70 spent the following day scraping it out from my wheel arch not nice...
As per my sig...Mugen twin loop with DC Sports 4-2-1 mani and a Fujita F5 CAI.

Static was 94db and I didn't have any issues with driveby. Lots of people commented on how good my car sounded 8)

As for the rabbit, as you can see I carried on and sorted the mess when I got home :D

roncee

Advanced Member
awesome video, what recording equipment are you using?
what did metcalfe and evo boys have to say about the dc5? do they acknowledge it exists yet? or fix the stats on it?

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
roncee said:
awesome video, what recording equipment are you using?
what did metcalfe and evo boys have to say about the dc5? do they acknowledge it exists yet? or fix the stats on it?
It was a really poor show from them. Apart from the odd car there was nothing to show it was an Evo day :roll:
Plus they wrote a load of BS on their website even though the cars they write about must have done only one lap all day! :evil:

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/23581 ... 5_may.html
http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetevovi ... 5_may.html

I was using an Aiptek A-HD solid state video camera and a Sony bullet camera with solid state recorder. I'll upload more footage once I get a chance

dave c

400hp K20
BadBadtz said:
roncee said:
I was using an Aiptek A-HD solid state video camera and a Sony bullet camera with solid state recorder. I'll upload more footage once I get a chance

Where did you get it from and how much? I'm keen to buy one.

I hit a rabbit about a year ago going about 60mph and it burst my air con rad, snapped the bumper, ruined the o/s wheel arch lining and popped the splitter off, ended up in about 1500 worth of damage :(

I think you got off pretty lightly lol.

Nice video mate ;)

Dave

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
dave c said:
BadBadtz said:
roncee said:

Where did you get it from and how much? I'm keen to buy one.

I hit a rabbit about a year ago going about 60mph and it burst my air con rad, snapped the bumper, ruined the o/s wheel arch lining and popped the splitter off, ended up in about 1500 worth of damage :(

I think you got off pretty lightly lol.

Nice video mate ;)

Dave
The Aiptek I picked up from http://www.clasohlson.co.uk for under £80...for the money I can't fault it and use it for snowboarding. It doesn't have optical zoom, image stabiliser and is useless in dark situations but its just a cheap camera I don't need to worry if I break it.

The bullet camera was purchased off eBay for £180 including the solid state recorder. It's only 640x480 res so I find its only good for embedding in higher res videos or web viewing. If you have an input on a recording device you can pick up the bullet cams for under £100.

jonster

Advanced Member
Nice video. Love the bullet cam. I think the solid state ones are the only way to go these days. There are not many camcorders with AV-in about these days (if at all).

I hit a hare at the exact same spot at Bedford with a Honda sponsored day where they let you drive any of their sporty car range. I of course chose the NSX and it was this I hit the hare with on my first lap. Doh! Amazingly there was no damage. The sales guys wasn't to chuffed when it happened but he did try to grab the wheel from me to steer around it so it was a combined effort.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
jonster said:
Nice video. Love the bullet cam. I think the solid state ones are the only way to go these days. There are not many camcorders with AV-in about these days (if at all).

I hit a hare at the exact same spot at Bedford with a Honda sponsored day where they let you drive any of their sporty car range. I of course chose the NSX and it was this I hit the hare with on my first lap. Doh! Amazingly there was no damage. The sales guys wasn't to chuffed when it happened but he did try to grab the wheel from me to steer around it so it was a combined effort.
What are the chances of that!
I didn't want to try and avoid it as that could have led to bigger problems if I had lost control or something...always best just to run over it

jonster

Advanced Member
Totally agree. What could I do? Wasn't my car and the sales guy didn't ask. Just grabbed the wheel and unintentionally made it a direct hit. Felt a few pangs of guilt seeing it motionless for a few subsequent laps.

Goodwood has the same problem with pheasants from time to time too.