Off the road for a bit

Gaz 1

Advanced Member
I have decided that over the winter months i'll not be using the teg much :shock: so it will be in my garage, is this a good idea or not? Any tips on when storing it, i have a trickle charger and will be using it, what other tips can you guys give me, start regular leave handbrake off things like that, Or just bloody use it lol :)

neolee40

Advanced Member
WHAT?????? gaz man this is the best time to use it ;). You got a nice car take advantage of it :D

Tarmac

Advanced Member
i'm actually doing the same thing myself! it's not good for the motor and she isn't singing as sweetly as normal with the really heavy frost and fog these days :evil:

it's good thinking imo Gaz xthumbup

mikegsi

Staff member
im considering it too, only bringing her out for special occasions, like going to asda and such, but for work using her car while she's off work!

dan the man

Advanced Member
mine in hibernation now...

been clearing the garden for ages and putting hardcore in and just got the roof on kast saturday. gonna do the sides this weekend aswell. azz is leaving his car in too over the winter to sleep.
no grit, salt of shite on these babies!

dan 8)

Tarmac

Advanced Member
DC5 in red is definately the best colour - beautiful motor dan xthumbup

nice car-port too - any chance u might come across the pond and build me one? :lol:

Zero7

Advanced Member
Mine has hardly been used in the last 5-6 months as I work away and only get to use her during odd weekends.

She feels even more special every time I get in her. :D

kingston

Advanced Member
Listen to you lot, cant take the car out because its cold and it might get dirty

Do you know what Honda and all other car manufacturers do during winter testing?

Fuck me some of you are soft

dan the man

Advanced Member
aww shucks...cheers for the comments :oops: :D

and it would take me months, mine has. :lol: i must have moved 10 ton of earth with the spade, the hardcored it then put in 6 ton of crush and run with the spade as was dumped outside the garden. knackereing!

but worth it. :wink: :wink: so happy how its coming together now, the main beam near the front im gona hvae something burned in the wood. 'yume no chicara' etc...should look quite good. :D

u should have seen the garden before..apple tree, pear tree,plum tree, potatoes, onions, radishes, strawberries, turnips, leaks, mint, ..................U NAME IT, IT HAD IT. all came out :!: :lol:

now 1 DC5 just grow the mods on :p

dan the man

Advanced Member
dik...THOUGHT U WERE GOING TO BED.

I KNEW AS SOON AS i wrote it that summat would be said,,

ha ha ..ok azz helped me.. ALOT so thanks azz :wink: :wink: :wink:

kingston

Advanced Member
Looks as if your bowing in the middle already dude or is that just the angle?

I take it youve got a camber so the rain water isnt going to stand on the roof....

dan the man

Advanced Member
it does look bowing a bit.. but its staight...weird..!

but that main beam is well solid in case of snow etc.... and it falls to the rear enough,. we need to put a few more pieces in the roof on the across bitys aswell to keep the sheets better sat on etc..

buts its solid as (famous last words"! lol)
dan

neolee40

Advanced Member
kingston said:
Listen to you lot, cant take the car out because its cold and it might get dirty

Do you know what Honda and all other car manufacturers do during winter testing?

feck me some of you are soft

You tell em lad. xredfinger Guys just take it easy :) And get some underseal on there :)

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
I'm joining the part timers too now. I finally got a 2nd car as a runabout after 3 months of searching :roll:
Just picked up a mint 205 dturbo which goes surprising well
Next project is a garage. :|

truffs

kingston said:

feck me some of you are soft
my god something i actually agree with Kingston on lol :lol:

dan the man

Advanced Member
nice one chris...shame their aint anymore room in my port as u could have stuck her there no probs..maybe an extension on the cards to take more hibernating DC5s! lol

dan