Off the wall question - has anyone done a RWD conversion??

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
Seriously though, even if you did do it, you would lose a fair bit of power through transmission wouldnt you?

Reading through your previous posts, i get the impression that you want the s2000 fun and drivabilty but in the dc5, am i right? :D

iwantdc5

Advanced Member
since this is off the wall..I had a vision the other day.

A B16B or B18C in a Smart Roadster....

because i watched repeat of Top Gear and clarkson said it handles good and responsive...

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
an Atom is the answer.
it would be a problenm mounting the motor longways as there isn't much room.

jay82

Advanced Member
dazza said:
This is probably even more off the wall, twin engined Teg?
the teg dosen't have huge boot for nothing so u shouldn't be short in space for that, they did that to vw golf gti before didn't they 310bhp or was it vr6? just a guest 440bhp in a twin engine teg :evil:

dazza

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
dazza said:
This is probably even more off the wall, twin engined Teg?
the teg dosen't have huge boot for nothing so u shouldn't be short in space for that, they did that to vw golf gti before didn't they 310bhp or was it vr6? just a guest 440bhp in a twin engine teg :evil:
As far as i remember it was a MKIII with 2 VR6 lumps in it and was pushing out about 600bhp combined because they turbo'd the engines :shock:
I remember it being blisteringly quick :D

timp

Advanced Member
Honda Tuning followed the build of a 4wd teg DC2, quite a project!

Rear wheel drive wouldn't be a problem but taking a 10k plus car and cutting up the fire wall and installing a transmission tunnel etc is goona take a brave man. Plus getting the engine far enough back so as not too have it in front of the front wheels too much is gonna be difficult

Neil_H

Advanced Member
It would probably make more sense to mount the engine in the middle, where the rear seats are, as per the DC2 thread above (fantastic read BTW, saw it a while back).

Dark Blue Mark

Advanced Member
Which is what im moving back to :D

Mainly for the RWD.

I do feel most of the DC5 is better though - the weight, the Brembo's, the looks, and most notably the K20 feels much better than the F20C...

So a combination of both would be great!

DC5TU

Advanced Member
Buy a Skip with with a duff lump and fit a K20, then uprgrade to brembos!
job done!!

Jayk

Advanced Member
its not to hard to do put the engine in the rear, alot of compines offer a conversion. i was going to put a b18c6 into my 106gti, cost - 10k. Basically the whole of the rear of the 106 is cut out, the front end of a dc2 is welded into the 106. My mates currently putting K20 into a Saxo VTS, back end.

but to convert it to rwd should be even easier, but alot of custom made parts required soo expensive to do unless theres a kit.