Offered a DC5 as a swap for my Pulsar GTI-R

TyperItr

Advanced Member
So some people may remember i picked up a Nissan Pulsar GTI-R in January, well the thing is i picked up a second one in March (Which i never intended to do)

I am now trying to sell my first GTI-R for £4,875.

I have been offered a swap for a Blue, C-pack, 2 owner DC5 with with just less than 84,000 miles on the clocks. Looking at the pictures it is not the cleanest of cars but I reckon a bit of attention would have it in good shape. I would only want to sell on this DC5 again.

What do people think? Would I get a quick sale for the DC5 and get a better asking price even? Should I take the Swap??

carl hammond

Advanced Member
So some people may remember i picked up a Nissan Pulsar GTI-R in January, well the thing is i picked up a second no in March (Which i never intended to do)

I am now trying to sell my first one for £4,875.

I have been offered a swap for a Blue C-pack 2 owner DC5 with with just less than 84,000 miles on the clocks. Looking at the pictures it is not the cleanest of cars but i reckon a bit of attention would have it in good shape. I would only want to sell on this DC5 again.

What do people think? Would I get a quick 5k for the DC5? Or even more? Should I take the Swap??
Depending on the cars condition (with some cleaning up I would say you'd easily get more than 5K for it with the current going rates and appreciation of these cars). The pound is weak and the yen strong and demand for imports has increased and the DC5 will always IMO have a larger audience than the GTI-R due to its age and looks, the GTI-R is more for those of that era (like me who had two) and appreciate them.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I think ye are right. There is a bigger market for the DC5 and they can be cleaned up easily and cheaply enough. . Plus I know the DC5 inside out at this stage so anything wrong with it I will spot and probably have a good idea what needs to be done.

I sent the guy a message there. No reply off him though. Hopefully he still wants to do the deal. As now, I want to do it. I thought I had a buyer lined up previously so originally I told him I would wait. But that buyer pulled out.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I think ye are right. There is a bigger market for the DC5 and they can be cleaned up easily and cheaply enough. . Plus I know the DC5 inside out at this stage so anything wrong with it I will spot and probably have a good idea what needs to be done.

I sent the guy a message there. No reply off him though. Hopefully he still wants to do the deal. As now, I want to do it. I thought I had a buyer lined up previously so originally I told him I would wait. But that buyer pulled out.
You selling the GTI-R then if this deal falls through ?

TyperItr

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
You selling the GTI-R then if this deal falls through ?
I want to sell the GTI-R

I originally though it was sold but the buyer never turned up!!

So will now try do the swap for the DC5. If that swap works I will sell the DC5. If not I will try sell the Pulsar again.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I want to sell the GTI-R

I originally though it was sold but the buyer never turned up!!

So will now try do the swap for the DC5. If that swap works I will sell the DC5. If not I will try sell the Pulsar again.
How far did you get with it etc? maybe interested or will see if a friend of mine is :)

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Said he was coming to look at it the day before, would being the cash as didn't want to make 2 trips. Never turned up! Also someone in Belgium, took videos and everything for him but not heard back in a day or 2. In fairness I have it advertised for less than a week so not doing too bad with interest. The fact it is a solid car with a fresh engine I think helps.

Ok cool. I can do a nice Forum Discount if you are interested

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Said he was coming to look at it the day before, would being the cash as didn't want to make 2 trips. Never turned up! Also someone in Belgium, took videos and everything for him but not heard back in a day or 2. In fairness I have it advertised for less than a week so not doing too bad with interest. The fact it is a solid car with a fresh engine I think helps.

Ok cool. I can do a nice Forum Discount if you are interested
Drop me a pm with updates when you know more and I will see what I can do mate