Official DC5's!

steveD

In there any truth in rumours (heard from 2 sources) that Honda UK will be importing the DC5 into this country?

I am about to buy a delivery mileage Jap car but would wait if official cars were available.

Incidentally, what's the general view on the effect that official imports would have on the cars already here?

Steve

micchung

Advanced Member
i emailed honda uk last week and they told me that they were not going to bring the DC5 to the uk. however the local honda dealer called me up telling me they have a DC5 in stock and asked me if i wanted to have a look and test drive?
:xconfused:

what were the sources that told you honda uk were bringing the DC5 to the uk?

mic

steveD

I was a Cadwell park yesterday and got talking to a guy from the Aerial
Car Co. They install Honda engines in their Atom (which incidentally I had a ride in - fantastic).

He said Honda UK were bringing them in the DC5.

The first source was a DC2 owner.

Steve

steveD

hi mic,

which dealer called you... + was it a new one?

they do sometimes get used ones into sell

if you think about it importing the car now would be a pretty good move
for Honda UK. Priced around £20K it would make a worthwhile upgrade for the legions of CTR owners and also would be a replacement in the market place for now deceased Focus RS (same power/slippy dif etc).

steve

sims_delight

I was at the Motor Show Live and got chatting to Matt Coombe (the stand manager and Marketing guy from HUK). The answer is NO :cry: for which there are a number of reasons. He was very keen for it to be imported into the country (makes his jobs easier I guess). I am sure that Mike can help you out there :wink:

steveD

I've phoned a few NSX Type R dealers and although they'd like the car to sell they say there's no chance in the foreseeable future.

So that's decided then. I'm ordering the delivery mileage car through Japanese Performance Cars.

Steve

T666YPR

steveD said:
So that's decided then. I'm ordering the delivery mileage car through Japanese Performance Cars.
Is that the Jan '04 C/White?
Say "Hi" from me :D

Can't see them coming in officially,thank God!

Simon

nattcharles

I was at my Honda dealer 2 weeks ago test driving an S2000 and he said they were waiting for confirmation that the DC5 was going to go on sale officially but was pretty sure it was. Hope that it doesn't not that it make a lot of difference to me as I have to sell mine because of my new house. :(

steveD

yep... it's the 04 ("newest in the country").

but the confusion remains... are they coming officially or not?

which dealer said they were coming?

Steve

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
To be fair, the DC2 came out in 1995 in Japan, but didn't hit our shores until 1998!! :? So I'm sure the same speculation etc.... was flying around then!! Now the DC5 came out in 2001 in Japan, so u never know.

Also, if you look at the price of 2nd hand DC2's, then the JDM spec ones are on a par, if not worth more than their UK equivalents. But that's probably down to them having a much better looking front end... :wink:

I love my imported JDM DC5, and have no regrets about buying it. As long as HUK sold it in limited numbers, like the DC2 then it shouldn't become as common as the CTR. :idea:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Just a thought :!:

If the DC5 was going to be released soon, wouldn't Honda have made it official at the Motorshow now on :?: :?: :?:

Would have made a lot of sense to me :idea:

I can't see them releasing it now, its the same age now as the EP3 (CTR), which come 06 will see a new Civic range, thus same time would be a New Teg in my opinion.

I can see come 06 we may see something happening / being released. As Honda really needs a coupe range, so you may see this, maybe with a Type-R for the performance chaps.

But in the short term, it's not going to happen.

Even the release of the NSX-R has been delayed, as it doesn't meet emission regs.

Mike

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
steveD said:
yep... it's the 04 ("newest in the country").

but the confusion remains... are they coming officially or not?

which dealer said they were coming?

Steve
Do you mind me asking how much you are paying for this?

Thanks,

T666YPR

micchung said:
i emailed honda uk last week and they told me that they were not going to bring the DC5 to the uk. however the local honda dealer called me up telling me they have a DC5 in stock and asked me if i wanted to have a look and test drive?
:xconfused:
Mic,it's probably this one:DC5 in L.Spa

Possibly traded in to Avonvale

micchung

Advanced Member
probably.. it was avonvale which called me up, but they haven't returned any calls, may be they have sold it :roll: as i saw a blue one on sunday in leamington

steveD

Paid just under £20K. As seen on www.autotrader.co.uk from Nigel at Japanese Performance Cars, no discount, but that's the totally inclusive price (inc SVA, road tax, parcel shelf, UK CD tuner, 2 year warranty etc.,). I'm happy with that considering 3 year olds are trading at £15K and 'new' ones cost £22-£23K.

Previously run a DC2 (best car I've ever owned). I'm selling a lovely yellow S2000GT (good, but not that good).

I orginally thought I'd get another DC2, but I can't do this 'used car thing'.. it's like wearing somebody else's clothes.

Drove a (well) used red DC5 (also for sale at autotrader) and although this particular car had issues (as it would being secondhand), the sprit of the old Integ was intact.

Car should be ready to go late July.

I can't wait.

Steve

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Spotted this one myself again last Thursday parked up in the retail park opposite Avonvales - Typical! The only time I see one other than at a meet (or on the ramps!) is the day after I sell mine! Silver still looks better though... :twisted: