Official Recaro Headrests

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
I've been looking for some brand new for a while and haven't been able to find any. The nearest I have found a stockist is Malaysia. From what I've been hearing, the little headrest cushions with 'Recaro' stitched into them are rarer than rocking horse doo-doo, so Im quite pleased these Malaysians are willing to sell me some.

Quesiton is, would anyone else like the headrest cushions (official Recaro from what I can tell).

Seen here, do they look alright and would anyone else want to get some as I'm going to be ordering them?

Again, not for look, they are for comfort as many a passenger has complained the seats are firm but have no head/neck support!

Thanks again, no doubt Lee will be here telling me if I buy them he'll ignore me!

Cheers,

Phil

hussain124

Advanced Member
They're not as bad as the bonnet bra alright! Leave me alone! :xrealangry:
if you really want one . get the one below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RECARO-Black-Soft-Seat-Neck-Rest-Pillow-Cushion-Pads-/250821420226?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a661f24c2

they look a lot better in real life as my mate had some

bee123

Advanced Member
Capital seating ones http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productdetail.asp?pid=599&type=s&appgrpid=&appid=&rid=61

Will they fit our seats?

V7MAT

clean freak
Capital seating ones fit and do the job. They don't look overly pretty though.

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
No those Capital Seating ones just won't do the job. Bit too small. Going to go ahead with ordering the Recaro ones sometime this week. Let me know if anyone wants any as it will be significantly cheaper to send more than 1 set.

Cheers.

hondadc2

Advanced Member
How much are a pair and are they stuck on using Velcro or goes around the seat using the elastic band

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think they will be official Recaro ones tbh, far eastern copies I expect

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
They seem pretty legit, and I've got a reasonable amount of payment protection (T/T through work bank) so if they turn up and are shocking, no payment!

As for the attachment, I believe they are strapped, but if they are velcro I'll make up some straps myself.

They currently cost £36 each, plus £18 shipping. Not cheap, but they are in FIA approved fire resistant material, and as close a match to the Recaro Red Alcantara as I can find.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
These head supports are part of a group of optional add ons from Recaro Japan. Although I believe they were made predominantly for the SP range, not the SR range.
I have only seen them for sale in Japan prior to your post, although I do recall some rich guy in Malaysia having them on his ASM Recaros inside his zooped up S2K track car.

More pics of the head support:

It's velcro'd on with this stuff.

Other optional parts below include shoulder supports, seat cushion and shell back protector.

As you can probably derive, all the optional parts are available in red, blue and black.

I don't own any of the above btw, just a ASM side protector.