Offset 42

redcap

Advanced Member
It's about as low as you can go i think with a width of 7" you might be pushing it with a wheel any wider on that off set? Mine are et45 17" x 7"

The Mofo

Advanced Member
you will need a spacer, I've just got some buddyclub wheels at et42 and without spacers they catch the brembo's.

NZITR

Advanced Member
running 17x7.5 ET43 and 225/45 rubber. approx 30mm lowered.

comments:

Front looks funny without at least 2 degrees camber (I'm running 3 :) )

rear needs 2 degrees camber not to rub or you could roll the guards.

rear wheels look a bit hot-rod style without an aftermarket kit.

Other than that it's all good in my experience

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on the width of the wheel as to how much the offset's size will have to do with contacting the arch.

Really any well designed quality rim with a 42 offset should clear the brembos with no trouble, the offset has little to do with caliper clearence

num0021

Advanced Member
Thanks for your input guys. I have come across a lot of JDM wheels with this offset. So was wondering if it would be appropriate for the DC5. I am glad the offset is alright. I am not a fan of spacers.

Chi

Im running CE28s 17x7.5 +43

+42 is fine itll sit out more and easily clear the calipers how ever, you cannot lower the car too much or the rear will scrub the guards or you will have to run a fair bit of camber.

Suped

Advanced Member
I did run a 7.5 x 18 with a +38 offset. Absolute MAX you can run before cutting/rolling/butchering the rear arches. Not recommended!!!