Oil advice for modifiers

shaf

so it light of all this wot is the best oil and brand to use for the dc5
#-o cheers

broomhead50

I need some advice,

I had my car serviced just over 1k ago and since I have noticed an occasional slight engine noise. I had my car serviced and 5w/40 Silkolene Pro S oil was used. Apart from an exhaust system the car is totally standard. Is the oil too thin for my car and would I be bettor off changing it.

Thanks

broomhead50

Just a slight rattle on tick over that sounds a liitle too much. Also my tappets were adjusted on the last service but there is definitely a tappet rattling now-I just thought this may be to do with the new oil being thin. The car has only done 23k?

I have just been out in the car and it was perfect on a return journey- the car did get to temp on the outward journey but still heard the rattle.

Its hard to compare the car pre oil change because I only owned it for a week and was driving around in dreamland O:) it may be normal but I just dont want to be doing it any damage.

thanks for the advice

oilman

Authorised Advertiser
Perhaps the tappets still need some adjusting? Is the noise when both hot and when cold? Its certainly not an oil issue does anyone else have any ideas?

Cheers

Guy

broomhead50

Yeah both hot and cold. Ive noticed the tappets only when the engine is warm though, when waiting at traffic lights etc.

Ok, well at least that rule the oil out. I have read your post on here and I'm pretty confident you know what you are talking about when it comes to oil.

Ill go and give the car a good thrash and see if that helps, I drive around like a girl (no offence girls ;)) most of the time so it might be telling me to give it some v-tec action.

Thanks again.

oilman

Authorised Advertiser
Hi folks,

With winter here and plenty of cold starts, perhaps it's time to consider changing the oil that you use in your car.

Does your antifreeze need changing?
Is your gearshift okay when cold?
Do you need something to protect your car from the weather?

Let us know if you need any advice, we are here to help. You can call us on 01209 202944, email us at sales@opieoils.co.uk, or just ask here.

Cheers

oilman

cosmic_chi

Gulf ester 5-40W just a more cost effective version of silkolene 5-40W ester?

Am running a 300bhp JRSC, advise me to use something different if you feel i need it. 80% road use 20% track