oil filter location

skerr406

Advanced Member
Anyone know where the oil filter is located??

changing the oil tomorrow and i presume its somewhere underneath the engine. i cant see it from looking under the bonnet.

EndaITR

Advanced Member
you can see it from the top aswell :lol:

Look at the exaust mani from the top then the filter is just beside it to the left.

EndaITR

Advanced Member
chalkie said:
EndaITR said:
you can see it from the top aswell :lol:
Have you tried removing it from above,Enda? :|
No but he asked where is it, you can see it from the top of the engine :wink:

And it would be possible to remove from the top, ive done oil filter removal on much worse locations than removing it from the top.

Should only be hand tight aswell so no need for tools.

LeeH

Advanced Member
I'm not mechanical, I'm electrical. But I'm 99% sure I could find the oil filter on just about any car without having to ask :-k

I think that's the point being made...

skerr406

Advanced Member
LeeH said:
I'm not mechanical, I'm electrical. But I'm 99% sure I could find the oil filter on just about any car without having to ask :-k

I think that's the point being made...
well actually.... its located behind the engine behind some pipes so sometimes asking before looking saves a bit of time and messing about. :xkiss:

gregb

Advanced Member
Have had to remove the oil filter twice through the top of the engine,blame it on the bloody awful Halfords tool for removing them or just bad luck!

Either way i wasn`t giving up,and the screwdriver stabbing came in to effect in the end :evil:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
when you remove the filter oil WILL spill into the subframe, it is almost impossible to stop it happening so make sure you spread some newspaper on the floor as some will miss the drain container

skerr406

Advanced Member
i changed the oil last week, was a good effort but a nightmare getting the filter off!!! was on waaaaaaaaaaay too tight!....

the best way i found was taking of the driver side front wheel. that the was the easiest access for me but alot of people from what iv read find the top succesful. whichever is best for you i suppose :-D car is much better now!

was running 10/40 part synthetic becuase thats what the dealer put in the cars.... wasnt happy.

iv now changed it to 5W - 40 Fully Synthetic - castrol edge..... i must say... what a difference!