Oil Filter

Kiss_It

Hi people, please could someone tell me if the dc5's oil filter is the same as a uk ep3? I have looked here and on the ctr forum but haven't been able to find anything.
Only thing I have been able to find is the hamp oil filter seems to have the same part code but would just like to double check with you guys.

Cheers
Dave

**edit** Ignore this, just seen this on the frequently asked Q's

"Is the Oil filter on a EP3 compatible with the DC5?"

"The Oil filter in EP3 is identical and be fitted to the DC5."

T

Tegiwa Imports

The HAMP you will have seen fit the DC5 perfect

Thanks

nwcivic

Advanced Member
to save creating another thread, this may be a totally stupid question but...

does a DC2 oil filter fit a DC5?

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Just to add to this, do people recommend the hamp filter over the oem Honda oil filter, or they all technically do the same thing?

And for those that changed this themselves, did you have to change the sump washer etc? As the quote I'm getting from Honda for oem includes the sump washer at £11.88 total

Adam-f

Advanced Member
Just to add to this, do people recommend the hamp filter over the oem Honda oil filter, or they all technically do the same thing?

And for those that changed this themselves, did you have to change the sump washer etc? As the quote I'm getting from Honda for oem includes the sump washer at £11.88 total
I'm sure the Hamp one just up's the oil pressure a few PSI, I'm not to sure though :xaiweb5:

nellly

Advanced Member
all b series and k series engine take the same oil filter.

have a look at simauto
http://www.simautoparts.com/OE_Honda_oil_filter_and_FREE_sump_washer/p689575_3226709.aspx
6.99 with sump washer

firthy22

Advanced Member
even h22a oil filter fits!
Really, I recently found 6 Hamp filters from when i had my old Prelude with H22A8 engine and assumed they wouldn't fit because the oil filter part numbers on Opieoils are different for the H22 and K20.