Oil Filter

phil_444

Advanced Member
Can anyone confirm the part number(s) for the correct filter for the DC5? The one my dealer has supplied me with is: 15400-PCX-004.

Cheers

David Johnson

Parts Trader
I always supply p/n 15400 PH1 F03 which is the standard pan european oil filter.This is also is the standard application for the civic type r,the other option is p/n 15400 PLC 003/4 which is the factory fiited oil filter.
P/n 15400 PCX 004 is listed as fitting an Honda S2000

Dave Johnson
Steels Honda

cfoster

Advanced Member
is there any difference in the 2 oil filters mentioned, or is it a matter of whatever one they have on the shelf / is cheaper???

Chris

phil_444

Advanced Member
Thanks Dave, I suspected it was the wrong one as it looks bigger than the one fitted currently and when I googled the part number it came up with the s2ki site, dopey buggers.

Phoned the dealer and they say it is the right part and it will fit.... its just slightly bigger and this filter replaces all the previous filters .... hmm lets hope so.

David Johnson

Parts Trader
p/n 15400 plc 004 is the original factory fit oil filter and is smaller in size compared to p/n 15400 ph1 f03
both are the same price £7.29 plus vat

Dave
Steels Honda

phil_444

Advanced Member
Dave,

I have phoned Bridley Honda in Cannock as I have only read good things about them for a second/third opinion and they say its the wrong one! I think I will be making a trip tomorrow for an exchange.

Cheers for your all help.

Phil.

T666YPR

Will these parts numbers be useful in a sticky??

Certainly stopped a lot of head scratching from my end of the woods :)