Oil Leak

truffs

Right then Boys and Girls need your help again. I am praying at the moment that i do not have a bogey car with the problems that i seem to behaving with it at the mo :oops:

I have an oil leak, very small in nature. When the vehicle is left to stand it forms approx a 2" patch. It appears to be coming from the back left of the engine if you are stood looking at the bonnet.

Has anyone had any problems of this nature????

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
This sounds like it is coming from around the oil filter area to me.

Try changing the oil and new filter etc etc.

Mike

T666YPR

Just in case,make sure it's oil as the aircon kicks out a fair bit of water.

I'm guessing you checked it is oil though.

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
yeh ive done that before :( after a long journey water was pouring from under my car.

Rob

truffs

Put some card board under the car, there is water from the Aircon but there is also oil as well :oops:

Phoned one honda garage up and got the reply 'sorry its an import no can do!!!, phoned up my regular Honda garage who said yes to everything which was the ECU chip, oil and light bulb change. Fawcetts in Newbury if anyone is interested. booked in on Wednesday so will give you an update after. Fingers crossed that it is just a faulty seal

truffs

if interested the update is as follows:

NOT a faulty seal but the high pressure oil hose connecting the turbo to the engine had fractured :oops: a couple of hundred more miles and the engine would have gone ker plunk!!! now have a hose that can withstand 15000psi (just to be in the safe side!!!) Fixed now and running as sweet as a bell :D

truffs

yep i run a turbo in mine and it was one of the Greddy pipes that had fractured (Thats what the honda boys said :) )