Oil recommendations please

jakeycrx

Hi all

I've just joined the forum as I have recently bought a Rotrex K20A DC2 (Nic_DC5's old car)

I've had a quick search round for oil recommendations but I haven't had much luck!

I've had DC2's for a while now and always use Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5w-40 in the B18C.

What about gearbox oil? I used MTF on my standard LSD then switched to Amsoil MTF when I had a plated diff.

The K20 is all new to me so what do you oils do you guys use?

Cheers

Jake

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Yours not far off with what you've said already.

Fuchs Pro S 5w40 is one of best oils out for there for k20, its what I and many others have always used. I'm switching to Millers Nanodrive now though, 5w40.

Gearbox oil is Honda MTF only really.

jakeycrx

Wingnuttzz said:
Yours not far off with what you've said already.

Fuchs Pro S 5w40 is one of best oils out for there for k20, its what I and many others have always used. I'm switching to Millers Nanodrive now though, 5w40.

Gearbox oil is Honda MTF only really.
Thanks!

What oil filter do you use? I was going to use the Honda OEM item.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Can't go wrong with Honda OEM, but personally I've always used Hamp oil filters, and now I'm going to try the Hamp short filters.

jakeycrx

I'll go for OEM then as I know the parts guy at my local Honda dealership very well now! How much oil does the box take?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'm not being funny but there's millions of threads on here about the same subject, oil and filers just do a search.

Go to the engine section and type 'oil" & 'filter' and do the same on the oil, petrol and tyres sections.

Loads of information to be had.

tico_87

Advanced Member
A bit to late for that reply now though. Other members have kindly answered him instead of just telling him to search.

The amount of time it took you to write that out I'm sure it would of be easier to just answer.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Not really.

I could have answered on the multiple oils out there and their viscosity and the different oil filters used which would have taken me a lot longer to reply.

The info is all there on this site already if you just search instead of being spoon fed the information, it's not difficult.

If he (or she) did that in the first place they may not have had to start a whole new thread up. I actively search for things and if I can't find them only then will I start a thread.