ok guys whats the best way to get me teg to go faster :)

pjonline

I personally think its up to you what you do to tune your car!
everyones gonna be different about their needs etc.....

Some are extreme, some are more easily satisfied.
i think the trick is to work with and get advice from pros!

for example if you wanted to go with forced induction.
you would be sensible to talk to someone like CPL racing who have
a lot of experience in this field or any owners that have or had turbos / superchargers etc like ( Truffs ).

I think anybody on here will admit its fun to go to a meet and have alot of differently tuned tegs on show!

i know i do! :D

Good luck with your motor

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
spend the money on brakes and suspension with a proper geometry setup, you will go just as fast and have reliability too.
If you want a bit of noise then add induction kit, exhaust etc. then later go with mani and ecu, end up with one properly sorted car..

diesel

I spent $500 in Australia on our version of type 4 (acura type s) on free flowing muffler, K & N air filter and modified the air box to allow more air in.
At the wheels before I had 104KW after all this was complete I had 113.7KW so picked up an increase of about 10%. Best 500 I have spent since i bought my teg! Huge improvement in fuel econ and outright performance across the rev range...
I think they are highly tuned, highly strung animals and my budget didnt allow for all the internals so I can recommend for a quick 10% gain to go with what I did.

sammy luy

power is nothing without control

hi,

my thoughts on this matter is as the title says power is nothing without control. I have the pleasure of having owned and driven many japanese performance cars eg evo's , s2k, scooby, diahatsu gtti , and I have close friend who have gtr34 v spec whom I had test driven etc etc you get the picture . I myself is very happy with the power output on my standard dc5 I hAve not done any mods on it wot so eva because I think it has the perfect balance of power to weight and can easily out handle a scooby. If you want raw power over handling ability I suggest you look else where not a dc5 .

I always think that the itr dc5 was developed to have a perfect balance of power control and it has the benefit of the drivers input to drive it to its true potential which in turn gives a more pleasurable driving experience. Other cars I have driven have been more in yr face raw power or when the car has so many gadgets and gizmos it takes all the fun out of driving.

to wrap things up the itr dc5 is a thinking persons car a true and pure performance car without the fancy gizmos

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Buy my coilovers?

As if not, then you'd obviously have to spend 12K on it to achieve 250 BHP :roll:

Give Paul a ring at Sytem R on 01925 289100. Tell him what you want out of your car and he will suggest what can be done and the benefits/drawbacks and how much it will cost. He's a good, honest tuner that won't try and make money out of you by making you believe that you need parts that you don't actually need.

200 at the wheel is possible with a good header and exhaust, good intake and KPro ECU. That will set you back about 2.5-3K including mapping from memory. If you want the torque what your obviously missing from your scooby then get a 4 psi Jackson Supercharger (+ about 1K if you already consider the cost of KPro).

Or, once more buy my coilovers to go round the fun bits faster :wink:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
milano_chris said:
As if not, then you'd obviously have to spend 12K on it to achieve 250 BHP :roll:
Chris

If you want to make 250whp NA, then that's what you need to spend... if using the best components (not Toda/Spoon/Mugen etc btw............), want an engine that will last a long time (some after market parts i.e. Cams, Valves, Turbo, SC's will cause increased wear, thus failure), the best people in the UK to fettle your car.... (those that you do not here about.. work in private and spend time researching i.e. those that do not need to shout - advertise)

Then you will have to spend that amount.....

Just my thoughts and what I have learned the hard way...

Mike

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Last time I looked at your car (at Thruxton) you had a JRSC under the bonnet.

Isn't what you say above a contradiction of what you have on your car? A bottom of the range common bolt on Supercharger with no cooler...

As for these so called companies, well I'm not overly sure how they survive after seemingly spending loads of cash on "research" and only catering for a select few. The best tuning companies in the world are amongst the best known ie RUF, Brabus, Snitzer (sp) amongst many others.

Why has TP who has Cams and Nitrous never had problems with his engine? I'm sure it's been stripped at System R, and I'm sure something would have been said if there was signs of serious deteriation of the internals.

I'm intrigued.

Please tell me more about this sectret outfit as I'm sure interested in what they do, who does the work etc as I'm sure many others are too.

dan the man

Advanced Member
Milano its not worth it- trust me!

Its like a cult, we will never get to know :!:

If u check various posts its the same read, everyones input and MJ s is the same, everyone asks, everyone wonders but we never actually know.

So just tune yours to what u think and do what u think and be happy.

:D :D :?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Well it doesn't concern me then. I like claims to be backed up by proof. Not wittering on and no substance.

Not a personal dig at you Mike.

Type-R 69

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:
Well it doesn't concern me then. I like claims to be backed up by proof. Not wittering on and no substance.

take it easy chris :lol:

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Re: power is nothing without control

sammy luy said:
hi,

my thoughts on this matter is as the title says power is nothing without control. I have the pleasure of having owned and driven many japanese performance cars eg evo's , s2k, scooby, diahatsu gtti , and I have close friend who have gtr34 v spec whom I had test driven etc etc you get the picture . I myself is very happy with the power output on my standard dc5 I hAve not done any mods on it wot so eva because I think it has the perfect balance of power to weight and can easily out handle a scooby. If you want raw power over handling ability I suggest you look else where not a dc5 .

I always think that the itr dc5 was developed to have a perfect balance of power control and it has the benefit of the drivers input to drive it to its true potential which in turn gives a more pleasurable driving experience. Other cars I have driven have been more in yr face raw power or when the car has so many gadgets and gizmos it takes all the fun out of driving.

to wrap things up the itr dc5 is a thinking persons car a true and pure performance car without the fancy gizmos
Well said mate!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Type-R 69 said:
milano_chris said:

take it easy chris :lol:
I am mate. I just like some proof with words of apparant wisdom.

tedg

Advanced Member
>>>>>>ok guys whats the best way to get me teg to go faster :)

drive it off a cliff.

tedg

Advanced Member
tedg said:

drive it off a cliff.
Maybe i am wrong. Does anyone know the best way to approximate the drag constant for a car when calculating the terminal velocity.

Vampyre VTi

tedg said:
tedg said:

drive it off a cliff.
Maybe i am wrong. Does anyone know the best way to approximate the drag constant for a car when calculating the terminal velocity.

if it were to "fall" off a cliff then no... but if you gave it some commited beans into your "dukes of hazzard, jump of doom" then yeah i rekon so!