Ok know what the problem is....

Nat

Went to the garage yesterday a screw had got wedged into one of the valves therefore causing it to drop and bend. How it got there god only knows. :?

The head is going for a crack test today - they have said if the head isn't cracked which seems unlikely as it was not overheated or been bent then i am looking at top end of £700 however if the head is cracked I am looking at three times that amount :shock:

Just waiting for the results of the crack test.

Anyone had similar probs to this? Is it likely that the head will be cracked?

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Nat said:
a screw had got wedged into one of the valves therefore causing it to drop and bend. How it got there god only knows. :?
Usually by 'losing' a screw when the air intake is off :evil: :oops: (I know someone who once made this mistake). Others beware...

Hope this don't become unaffordable Nat

T666YPR

Hadn't your car just been overhauled a couple of months back?
They might not have finished everything off properly :evil:
Worth checking out where that screw came from.

Nat

The screw looks like the screws that are used on the brackets that attach my induction kit. There are no other screws like that in the engine and one is missing.....

So could be that???

Still baffling me though!!

When the garage fixed my car they could have dropped a screw although they only had to do body work - but where do i stand with this - that was a few months back and i have no proof????