Old Car, New Car and Dads Car!

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Got my new DC5 out today (thanks dobber)and gave it a wash, it came up pretty good i think. Gonna go to town cleaning it all day tommorow so prob put up some better pics after that!

Also today went with dad to get his Monero VXR done with a wortec exhaust and remap, love the sound of the new exhausts, will get pics of em tmrw.

Any opinions :D

mikegsi

Staff member
lookinggood mate, thats quite a step up in cars too, just promise not to pimp your new ride up like that corsa :wink: :D

AdrianK

Advanced Member
no i wont, i have had the corsa for 4 years since i was 19, so i modded it then and have been driving about hiding for the last 3 years! Altho i have to say i didnt go mad on the corsa i held back on any silly big wings and extra tat, all the mods on it were decent makes and well fitted, its actually fairly good if you see in the flesh!

Will still be pleased once the corsas gone, wasnt gonna post it on here in case i got slated, but hey its the past and the tegs the future and im looking forward to it!

Suped

Advanced Member
lovely teg, but loose the corsa mate!! Thats just a big NO NO!!! Big step up though. :p

good luck and have a happy ownership...

please please please dont do what you did to the corsa on the teg. Will be wrong on so many levels. :D

AdrianK

Advanced Member
thanks dan, the teg is staying very std on the outside i bought it on purpose really as i love the styling std and dont like any of the aftermarket styling for them at all.

Its dobbers old car, so its already got lots of spoon bits, D2 coilovers and a HKS system, so very little left for me to do with it except clean it!

hondafreek

Advanced Member
I hate Corsa's. However I think yours look tasteful. No matter what some people say there is no right or wrong with mods, if you like it thats all that matters.
Good luck with the sale and the new teg :wink:

j9jrx

Advanced Member
Looking 8) there mate xthumbup

I dont think the corsa looks that bad, put i this way ive seen alot worse :D

sh33n

Advanced Member
As modded Corsas go, it's not a bad example (there's far far worse around).

Still not a touch on the Teg or Monero!

I past one of them the other day down the A14, we both starred across at each other was quite funny really!

Was in that colour as well!

Yambo

Advanced Member
Might be pretending the Corsa is his!!

Could be the green Punto :wink:

Nice Teg :wink:

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Yambo said:
Might be pretending the Corsa is his!!

Could be the green Punto :wink:

Nice Teg :wink:
LOL that puntos black, and its the biggest heap of crap you have ever seen, he crashed it couple of weeks ago (owner is about 45) and all the fronts hanging off and the side is all bent up and hes still driving it!!

And thats for the comments on teg and the corsa, i knew the corsa wouldnt be to peoples tastes (its not to my taste anymore) but its nice for people to sday that its not bad for a modded one, i always thought that too, i kept it subtle enough that its not plain silly!

Anyways hi to you all, im sure you will be seing a lot more of me now i have the teg.

Duncs

Congratulations on becoming an owner,
Welcome,

use the search in the first instance to try to answer any query you may have there is a wealth of knowledge in here, some of it may be buried but its here, beyond that ask away,
no question is a stupid question :!:

Corsa looks ok actually!!

AdrianK

Advanced Member
im in newbury mate.

I do have one question, can i get a replacement honda badge (to go on front bumper) from honda, or are there any better places to go, mines a bit damaged and id like to replace it

Duncs

Honda is a good as place as any, be a chance to see how helpful your local dealer is.
if not helpful PM Dave at Steels (Honda) on here and i am sure he will source 1 and send it to you, just a thought is it the same as a Civic R?

j9jrx

Advanced Member
The two badges are actually different (well according to my local honda dealer) the ctr badge has 2 screws in the back of it and the teg 1 doesnt. oh and theres the price ctr badge £16+vat and the teg badge £46+ vat :shock: im sure dave at steels could pull some strings and get one a bit cheaper though :D

mikegsi

Staff member
a lot of it is that dave doesnt try and bend you over when he gives you a quote, example

honda front brake pads supplied by my local honda dealership, £130+
honda front brake pads supplied by dave at steels honda, £30+

at the time i didnt know this adn merrily bought them from my local dealership, then paid nearly £70, yes 70, for them to fit them........

confronted my dealership when i found this out only to be told that it couldnt possibly be true and thtey are so expensive cos its an import and they have to ship the bits from japan (although most bits come from belgium)

morale is

ring dave first!!!

dobber

Advanced Member
:xcry: :xcry: :xcry: :xcry: :xcry: :xcry:

Want it back!!!

Looks like you've given it a good clean there buddy.

As for his Corsa its actually a very good example. The stereo system is awesome and im still slightly def in one ear ;)

No need to worry about front pads on his Teg either as they have just been fitted by TGM Sports, and no, i didnt pay £130. Thats a joke price for standard pads.

Good luck with the car Adrian and enjoy as i know you will :D