one day/temporary insurance

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
i'm looking to go and have a look at a dc5 next weekend so will need cover for the test drive and if it all goes well, then for the journey home...

so the question, which company does one day/temp cover for the dc5?

i would buy the full policy straight after taking the dc5 but it's going to be a sunday so insurance brokers i been speaking to will be closed..

G Man

Advanced Member
Speak to your current insurer, they will normally do a cover note when looking to buy a new car.

Riz

Advanced Member
If you have 'drive other cars', do the test drive under your own insurance. (Be careful though as there are a lot of terms and conditions).

I couldn't find a company for temp cover for after I bought it, but my insurer (Admiral) added it to my policy for 24 hours for £17.50.

Parry

Advanced Member
When i bought mine a few weeks ago,
I rang my insurance company (directline) went through all the details for about 10 mins then they said "that'll be nothing extra for 24hours" so i was able to go look at the car and decide then drive it away which i ended up doing.

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
thank for the replies guys... unfortunately i haven't got the driving other cars on third party basis option.. :( will call up my insurance company tomorrow and ask them about it..

Riz

Advanced Member
Find someone insured by a company that will cover it, and have them drive it back for you.

That or trailer it. Not sure what else you can do :(