One of the most expensive dc5 I've spotted

moodyedge

Advanced Member
Fez said:
34k though! But still too much
The cars still 14 year old....and its a honda and given the amount of people that harp on about mileage not being as big of an issue contradicts a much higher price tag due to low mileage.....cant have it both ways.........less miles is more desirable but ot worth paying 4 or 5k for..... 10k maybe and even thats a bit ott.

swanny1982

Advanced Member
its also a grade 6a, if you were a collector looking to invest in a long term classic that will be garaged and not used for the next 20 years this would sell for serious money in the future, my friends dad owns a honda nsx with 21k on the clock its immaculate, he has been offer 50k for the car already!

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Buy 2 decent ones for that.
One as a daily, one could be sat as spares, or a project.

£15k is far too much.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

MrRy

Advanced Member
Good to see higher top end prices, pushes the bottom end of the spectrum up. Good for me with a fairly low mileage mint example. Don't get me wrong, the DC5 is not a 15k car, but the same can be said for all of the 90's classics and the ludicrous prices they command. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay, and this is exactly how model prices go up - by the few that massively markup.

Ripples make waves. Let's hope this idiotic car pricing bubble doesn't burst before we all sell up - I doubt it will, investment in cars is a big thing.

Matt-r8

For someone with cash to burn, this could be investment gold. 15 years back i got offered a mint, low mileage lancia Delta Integrale Evo for about £6k. But didn't think it was worth it, because they have weak gearboxes.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Matt-r8 said:
For someone with cash to burn, this could be investment gold. 15 years back i got offered a unblemished, low mileage lancia Delta Integrale Evo for about £6k. But didn't think it was worth it, because they have weak gearboxes.
Was speaking to a chap an Italian car meet a few years back, has a gorgeous Lancia Integrale EVO, he'd been on the lookout for one for a number of years and paid around 8k for it. Got it valued a few years back and it was worth 16k. Can't imagine what it's worth now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hamks18psi

Advanced Member
I have paid £500 less than that price for a 27k mileage of 2001 DC5 CW not long ago via Torque GT. The grade is 4C, and I don't really know how much I need to spend on it after it arrives at UK.
Overall I don't feel I am making a smart purchase/bid, because adding 1-2k I can get a FD2.
Hope all new/potential buyers would do more preparation and study from this forum before rushing to buy one.

swanny1982

Advanced Member
hamks18psi said:
I have paid £500 less than that price for a 27k mileage of 2001 DC5 CW not long ago via Torque GT. The grade is 4C, and I don't really know how much I need to spend on it after it arrives at UK.
Overall I don't feel I am making a smart purchase/bid, because adding 1-2k I can get a FD2.
Hope all new/potential buyers would do more preparation and study from this forum before rushing to buy one.
so do you regret buying the car now then?

hamks18psi

Advanced Member
I cannot say "I am regret", because no one point a gun over my head to maximise the bid. But I would learn smarter next time.
In the financial points of view (regardless how much we like the car), that price is not a smart buy in my humble opinion.
£13.5k is max. For £14.5k, it is too much.

Other members get excited when they won the bid and waiting for the car. But I am not excited at all, I don't really feel the "joy".
I just feel I am paying too much for this, everyday keep around my head.
May be things get change once it arrives.