One of the most expensive dc5 I've spotted

moodyedge

Advanced Member
hamks18psi said:
I have paid £500 less than that price for a 27k mileage of 2001 DC5 CW not long ago via Torque GT. The grade is 4C, and I don't really know how much I need to spend on it after it arrives at UK.
Overall I don't feel I am making a smart purchase/bid, because adding 1-2k I can get a FD2.
Hope all new/potential buyers would do more preparation and study from this forum before rushing to buy one.
Research is key. I have done a LOT. Dc5 prices here in particular are nothing short of ridiculous. Dealer markup screws the deal for me, especially given the fact that these cars have passed the decade old mark and need minimal amounts of work to get them on the road

I know what they sell for in japan and therefore know what the dealers are adding on top of that and I completely refuse to throw that much money away...ignorance very much works in their favour.

spooke

Advanced Member
hamks18psi said:
I cannot say "I am regret", because no one point a gun over my head to maximise the bid. But I would learn smarter next time.
In the financial points of view (regardless how much we like the car), that price is not a smart buy in my humble opinion.
£13.5k is max. For £14.5k, it is too much.

Other members get excited when they won the bid and waiting for the car. But I am not excited at all, I don't really feel the "joy".
I just feel I am paying too much for this, everyday keep around my head.
May be things get change once it arrives.
When you go to collect it you won't stop smiling :) It will be worth it for sure!

hamks18psi

Advanced Member
Jdm4life said:
Research is key. I have done a LOT. Dc5 prices here in particular are nothing short of ridiculous. Dealer markup screws the deal for me, especially given the fact that these cars have passed the decade old mark and need minimal amounts of work to get them on the road

I know what they sell for in japan and therefore know what the dealers are adding on top of that and I completely refuse to throw that much money away...ignorance very much works in their favour.
When my friends and JDM importers provided me some links in Japan, I found all DC5 are listed much more expensive than what we see in auction house.
http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/search.php?STID=CS210610&CARC=HO_S010&YMIN=2001&YMAX=2004&SMAX=80000&CL=WH

The listed price in local Japanese dealer would not be final price after negotiation, but I have reason to believe getting one via auction (if lucky without mechanical fault) is cheaper than sourcing direct. Am I correct?

moodyedge

Advanced Member
hamks18psi said:
When my friends and JDM importers provided me some links in Japan, I found all DC5 are listed much more expensive than what we see in auction house.
http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/search.php?STID=CS210610&CARC=HO_S010&YMIN=2001&YMAX=2004&SMAX=80000&CL=WH
The listed price in local Japanese dealer would not be final price after negotiation, but I have reason to believe getting one via auction (if lucky without mechanical fault) is cheaper than sourcing direct. Am I correct?
Correct. Japan doesnt have a big haggling culture.

Id prefer to buy at auction because you can get a better idea of what your buying. Japan has stict legal guidelines on accuracy of auction inspections etc......anyway.

One thing is at least your car depreciate so dont stress too much. If it's not for you......sell it.

miki1212

Advanced Member
is a lot of money for a stock one, though im sure a lot of people spend much more on their cars.. intresting to see some of the big budget ones on here ... :xhappy:

MrRy

Advanced Member
Pretty sure last year we were around 200 Yen to the pound, now it's getting close to 150 Yen to the pound. Ouch. Slightly annoyed as I was planning on buying a few things from the US but the declining exchange rate has made me think twice for now.

kazmo

Advanced Member
miki1212 said:
im sure a lot of people spend much more on their cars.. intresting to see some of the big budget ones on here ... :xhappy:
dave c and beppe, haha, big turbo builds

TyperItr

Advanced Member
The whole uncertainty over Brexit is hitting the sterling at the moment

I can understand how you would feel about not feeling the joy of waiting for the car to arrive

Teggs

Feel like I'm sitting pretty, 2001 CW, 50K miles, paid 9K, not gonna let you bastards get you're dirty mitts on her though! There will always be a certain section of society that can appreciate excellence! :xhaha2:

P.S. only messing, I watched 'Rush' the other night and there was some sort of of line about men love women more than anything else, apart from cars! ha ha I'm kind of surprised that a 15yr old car can attract such values, I've driven a lot of cars and never get the same feeling from anything than a screaming VTEC!

Fucking fanboy's! :xgrin: