Oops... Something isn't right

SmudgerByName

Advanced Member
So on Monday I was able to get the car sorted for its MOT and I decided to spend Sunday getting it ready. Putting the number plate back etc etc I also decided to fit some Yellowspeed coilovers I was able to pick up at a really good price and take off the Buddyclub coilovers I had in originally (which are for sale just haven't put a thread up yet) everything fitted okay. Took longer than I thought it would be it was all in and sorted. Until I went to for a drive to settle the suspension... Yep you guessed it, that is with the wheels straight ahead. No the steering wheels hasn't been taken off. Haven't changed anything bar fitting the coilovers...

Help???

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o505/Smudgerbyname/Honda%20Integra%20DC5/IMG_20170307_155508_zpsoiwktfvb.jpg

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
I'd say it's an issue with your track rods mate. Not the actual track rod itself as a problem, but the "settings" (for want of a better word) of the rods when fitting the coilovers. I bet when fitting them the track rods weren't levelled properly. Sorry this sounds vague. I know what I'm trying to say 🤣. Basically I'm sure the track rods have to be level. Sure someone will be able to clarify or assist here.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
If this was me I would jack the car up and disconnect the track rods (same ball park as what Chris is saying) and then set the steering straight. Now check the track rod ends to see if you can put them back into the mount on the coil-overs. If not then they will need to be wound in or out until they do. If you can't get them to fit after winding in or out then something is up else where.

It might be wise to get someone to hold the steering wheel while you do this to help keep the Geo as forward as possible.

EDIT: remember when jacked up the Geo will be different from when sat on the floor so this is exercise is just to see if you can get the steering wheel straight-ish.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Did the yellowspeeds require ep3 track rod ends to? And with your dc5 ones fitted its put the steering out?

Just a thought, maybe message another owner who has them fitted to find out .

Liam

Advanced Member
Quite normal imo - you've fitted front "struts" that will be totally different to the last set you had on. I went from standard to BuddyClub N+ and had to set the toe by eye in order to drive the car somewhere for an alignment - I couldn't even get it off my driveway.

Set the steering wheel straight and adjust the track rods until both front wheels look roughly straight. You can probably do a more accurate job with a couple of axle stands and some string along the length of the car - measure from the string to the front of the tyre and rear of the tyre, try to get the measurements roughly the same.

That should at least allow you to limp it somwhere for a proper alignment.

SmudgerByName

Advanced Member
Liam said:
Quite normal imo - you've fitted front "struts" that will be totally different to the last set you had on. I went from standard to BuddyClub N+ and had to set the toe by eye in order to drive the car somewhere for an alignment - I couldn't even get it off my driveway.

Set the steering wheel straight and adjust the track rods until both front wheels look roughly straight. You can probably do a more accurate job with a couple of axle stands and some string along the length of the car - measure from the string to the front of the tyre and rear of the tyre, try to get the measurements roughly the same.

That should at least allow you to limp it somwhere for a proper alignment.
Thats the plan today when I finish work then tomorrow morning I'm heading over to A Line in Dudley to get it sorted properly

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
SmudgerByName said:
Thats the plan today when I finish work then tomorrow morning I'm heading over to A Line in Dudley to get it sorted properly
Aah. I was there a couple of weeks ago. Nice guys!

SmudgerByName

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Aah. I was there a couple of weeks ago. Nice guys!
Did you go in the DC5? If so, can I ask what set up you got done?? Called them earlier and they were struggling to locate anything for a DC5

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
SmudgerByName said:
Did you go in the DC5? If so, can I ask what set up you got done?? Called them earlier and they were struggling to locate anything for a DC5
They couldn't really help me to be honest. "Flipped the top mounts" Was the reason. However that said they were extremely honest and nice and just aligned the toe up for the drive as I wasn't local.

They do have Integra on their system as I've seen it on their Hunter machine database. There's also a fair bit on here about set ups but as a vague rule double camber up front shouldn't be that far wrong mate.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk