Opening the Boot

Erm

Advanced Member
Is there any manual release anywhere to open the boot if your central locking is stuck on lock and you can only unlock each door manually?

I've tried climbing in the boot to look but could only see what looked like a place to access the 3rd brake light, but it was dark and I've got a parcel shelf and i'm a big lad so that was a struggle lol

Erm

Advanced Member
Actually scrap that. Just thought if I opened it would be stuck with it unlocked!

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
there is a plastic cover on the inside where you can get to the mechanism and manually unlock it

badeshi

Advanced Member
did you ever fix the issue?
I suddenly realised the other day that the central locking didnt lock the boot!!!

luckily I found the manual lock in the boot but it is annoying to crawl through the boot when you want to open it!

gaza4

Advanced Member
if the central locking isnt locking your boot the solenoid could be gone...its this white unit here. take it off and run a 12v charge to it and see if it moves

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

This is the first time I've heard about releasing the boot manually. Please can you explain for me how to release it, just in case it happens to me.

Thanks and regards. Granty.

badeshi

Advanced Member
Thanks for that gaza... will have a poke around... i can hear a noise but doesnt seem to open..

Granty you see that little white plastic lever at top of mechanism in pic? That can be switched from locked to open