Opinion of Importers and other things ...

davy_boy

Hi Guys,

Still looking for all the info on the DC5, which I am looking to purchase in a few months. I'm moving away from the 'safety' of new cars and just need to be sure of a few things ...

1. Reliablity. I do the mototway everyday for work, will a DC5 suit me, it's not going to leave me sat on the hard shoulder is it.

2. Servicing Costs. Assuming it's serviced regularly, as it will be, what are the costs at a main Honda dealer for such a car? 10,000 mile, 20,000mile etc, consumable parts.

3. Importers. I am up near Magnum and have spied a few DC5's going through there on occasion. I have spoken to the guy who seems to be in charge there and wondered whether anybody from here has had dealing with them?

4. What to look out for when viewing / buying. I want a car that has not been modified at all really, and one that has the original HID lights replaced. What things stand out on a car that has been discretely fettled with.

5. Performance. As it will be a car to take me to work and back in the traffic, and for occasional blasts about, what sort of fuel economy do they return and does performance drop off as we don't run Japanese spec fuel. What is the claimed 0-60 time as well, it's just a curious friend is asking. Real world performance for me is measured in the 30 - 70 range.

6. Price. What sort of price range is acceptable for a DC5, Magnum seem to be overpriced compared to others. How much were the cars when they were new in Japan? In £ please.

7. This Website. Over the last few weeks as I have been returning to this site there seems to be more activity. Any chance of getting the gallery up and running and also expanding the FAQ to answer a lot of the basic questions that I am asking here?

Any adive greatly recieved, and I hope to be able to post as an owner in the near future! Anybody around the Farnborughy sort of area that I can meet for a good look around and a ride in the monster??!

Thanks for reading!

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hello

Don't take this the wrong way, but the search function can be used to answer most of the questions you have asked.

Mike

T666YPR

Point No.7 is a very good idea 8)

It does get hard after a while typing all the same stuff.

I can't help too much as regards purchasing s/h as mine was new,so didn't have to look out for anything other than dings or scratches :)

Regards reliability,same as any Honda,well above the run of the mill stuff.
If you're not modding or tracking you'll be fine,driving past all the English,French,Spanish & German stuff at the side of the road :D

If it's the 30-70 performance you want,if you use the correct gear to start,it'll keep up with almost anything.Use the wrong gear and you'll struggle against turbodiesels.Torque is little better than most 2.0l cars but when the engine is spinning :xvtec:

Simon

davy_boy

Thanks.

And what is wrong with the 'spanish stuff' might I ask?!

My Leon 225 R will whoop your DC5! haha!

I'm just looking for a change really, it's that 'had the car a year, itchy feet' syndrome, and the DC5 is rare, quick and has all the toys. It's just going to be a tiresome process of finding the correct car. I'm lazy like this alas. I've had turbo'd cars for a while and fancy something different and I've never been one to follow the crowds regarding cars. However, I may wait to see what the newer CTR looks like. Anybody got any pics yet!?

truffs

hello.

DC5 owner ship hmmmmm :D Had mine for 6 months and loved it. Yes it is a big leap of faith as with a new UK car you get a three year warranty etc but with these its all on you. there are some very good companies around for DC5's at the mo. Gt Culture ([url=http://www.gtculture.com">www.gtculture.com) litchfield imports (

davy_boy

Cheers for the replies. It all seems reassuring so far.
Of course a purchase is still a few months away, but I do like to have the research done beforehand as I'd hate to find out all the gremlins with the cars at a later date. Thanks to the man with no name also for producing this site. Looks like there maybe many more posts from me then ...

GTITR

davy_boy said:
Ok, sorry, it was the boy racer in me coming out to play.

Still whoop ya though ...

Muuhahahaaa!!!

Probably - if the car dropped 100kg and you are still birth weight! :D

Yambo

Advanced Member
Maybe if the two were in free fall from 30,000 ft the Leon would win due to its weight!! The DC5 would use the rear spoiler and fly round the world!! lol

davy_boy

In all seriousness, would I actually feel a significant difference in the performance between the two? My Leon has all the low down torque, but from experience in my friends S2000, I assume the WOooooo factor will be more obvious with a DC5.

Also reading a few of the posts on here using the SEARCH function, yes I have found it, people are comparing the DC5 to the S2000, some even claiming it to have better figures?! Is this right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a bad boy racer and am not going to blat around like a tit, but its nice just to bait people on occasion.

The Leon would still spank you ....................... Or so the rumors go! haha

davy_boy

A challenge! Ooooo!

Erm, no, tracks aren't my thing, knowing my luck I'd crash, and not just my car, probably stack into everybody else!! haha!

I know the DC5 is brisker than a Leon, well, ... sometimes!

Erm

Advanced Member
:lol: :lol: :lol: pick a race with the bloke with a turbo'd DC5!!!!

nice choice mate :wink:

truffs

in all honesty though my friend has a leon that he has mod'ed with REMO and that can just keep up with me in a stright line ............ unitl 30mph then woosh. His puts out a little over 280bhp and due to traction control can actually out accelerate me a little bit until mine finds traction (with 300bhp sometimes that can be third gear!!!) and then its good bye, especially on the back roads no chance. Ive driven his leon, yes they are heavy but it was good fun and there was nothing i could really knock it for and i think in black with the body kit on they arent a bad looking car. There brown nosing down....... DC5 rules :!: 8)