Opinion

petie180

Advanced Member
What's peoples verdict on my car..I got it on the rolling road y.day an it's 212bhp with 165 ibs ft of torque..cars just got an induction kit an a back box..

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
What's peoples verdict on my car..I got it on the rolling road y.day an it's 212bhp with 165 ibs ft of torque..cars just got an induction kit an a back box..
Sounds good to me, all dynos will give you a different reading and are never 100% accurate, so use that same place as a base for future tuning 8)

Mine is currently 198bhp with exhaust mod :lol: On another dyno it would probably be over 200. Depends on the Dyno.

Either way, sounds healthy to me!

petie180

Advanced Member
Cheers well I always use that dyno so..I have the print out so must get it on here..it was 199 before an I had a problem with the engine let's just say :) I have comp.bearings in it now so it prob helped to..

leejw87

Spoon Whore
A dyno is only a tuning tool you could go to ten different dynos and they could all give a different reading.. It's how it performs on the road that matters.

But definatley use the same dyno that way everytime you do a mod you will get a true reading of the increase in hp and torque.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Cheers well I always use that dyno so..I have the print out so must get it on here..it was 199 before an I had a problem with the engine let's just say :) I have comp.bearings in it now so it prob helped to..
What was the problem with the engine? :-k

petie180

Advanced Member
The bottom end rattled..so I hada strip it an I rebuild it was lucky the shaft was ok..it would be a great engine for tuning now :)

Stoo

Whining.....
Seems optimistic for a nigh on stock car, but as above, use the same dyno for future measuring as a comparison.

petie180

Advanced Member
Well it's went from 199 to 212 on the same dyno so I'd be happy enough with that figure..

viggen

Advanced Member
i got the same as you.212.2 bhp with top fuel intake and spoon cat back. xthumbsup

Stoo

Whining.....
Because it's nigh on stock... An isn't on the prescribed 100RON fuel.

Speaking from experience here, it's optimistic.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I would say that was spot on for a STD ish car, the fuel difference is worth a couple of hp only

Stoo

Whining.....
Ooops! For some reason, I thought it said 222bhp, which is why I said optimistic....
Skim reading FTL!!

212 sounds about right :D :D

brucey87

Advanced Member
I got 217bhp before with standard engine then on another got 212bhp. Then another with induction kit and exhaust got 221bhp. Goes to show how much they all vary. I preffer to high reading ones though :lol: