Opinions on Hardrace Camber Arms

Fanard

Hi guys,

Wanting to get my geo done so in need of rear camber arms, been looking around and found the Hardrace ones look pretty good. Heard about DME and Skunk2 ones and heard good things but no one has really said anything about Hardrace.

Can anyone recommend them?

Cheers

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
We've been supplying Hardrace to members on here for the past 3 years and haven't heard any problems :) also have these on my own for the past 3 years of ownership :)

Fanard

RE Spirit said:
We've been supplying Hardrace to members on here for the past 3 years and haven't heard any problems :) also have these on my own for the past 3 years of ownership :)
FireDance said:
I have these on my blue DC5 & never had a issue :xgrin:
Sounds good to me! Is it a case of having to tie wrap the ABS sensors onto the arm like most other aftermarket camber arms?

Cheers

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I've just brought a set and the quality is great, I brought them as they are pretty much a copy of a set of Megan racing ones I had for years.

Only downside is they can rot a bit easier than others. I paid £88 delivered for mine and I felt that they were a great buy

Fanard

ollydc5 said:
I've just brought a set and the quality is great, I brought them as they are pretty much a copy of a set of Megan racing ones I had for years.

Only downside is they can rot a bit easier than others. I paid £88 delivered for mine and I felt that they were a great buy
Just a case of looking after them with regular greasing then I presume. Did you have to tie wrap your abs sensors on?

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Exactly what I did with my others and they lasted 7 yrs no problem

I cable tied my Megan racing ones but my hardrace kit has an angled piece to fix it to

2ndy

Advanced Member
I dont know about harrace but i woud avoid skunk2 arms, i have them on my dc5 and the bushes keep popping out of them. Pain in the ass.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Been running mine for years with zero issues. bushes are fine, and no corrosion on them. Only thing would be the silver mounting plates get surface rusty quite easily, quick lick of hammerite keeps them looking their best.

Brake line mounting bracket (which is adjustable too) which is a bonus.

Fanard

ollydc5 said:
Exactly what I did with my others and they lasted 7 yrs no problem

I cable tied my Megan racing ones but my hardrace kit has an angled piece to fix it to
Olly, where did you get yours from if you don't mind me asking?

Jimmer said:
Been running mine for years with zero issues. bushes are fine, and no corrosion on them. Only thing would be the silver mounting plates get surface rusty quite easily, quick lick of hammerite keeps them looking their best.

They sound like a favourable option. Seen some on H-tune for £98 but think you can get them cheaper.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Here's an eBay item number, I brought them off of the same seller. 281861254818

jrscho

Advanced Member
I have skunk 2 and mines have been fine! Replaced them almost 2 years ago and had no issues and previous to that it was skunk2 as well. Only replaced them again as they had corroded!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yes, as i stated earlier, its a good thing to have :) not an abs sensor though, only the brake line will have a bracket but thats all there is....I'm unaware of any abs sensor near there.

Jimmer said:

Fanard

Jimmer said:
Yes, as i stated earlier, its a good thing to have :) not an abs sensor though, only the brake line will have a bracket but thats all there is....I'm unaware of any abs sensor near there.
The only reason I asked is because Olly said on his there was an angled piece he could mount his too. I'm gonna end up buying them anyway! Cheers Jimmer

paul hughes

M2 Motorsport ones are considered better than most, as they have solved most other makes niggles (as mentioned above)

they have steel lock nuts that don't strip and corrode,

they have 6mm thick end brackets that don't bend or snap,

they have OEM Honda fine thread captive nut ,so your own bolt fits straight on,

they have a swivel bracket to attach the pipes and wires to, keeping them at the top during adjustment,

they have fine adjustment thread to avoid then coming undone during use ,

they don't shake around out of the box due to bad thread pitch match,

they are also pre greased threads at the factory so people who forget can still get them undone in 2 years time :lol:

All in All they solve every known problem with All other manufacturers products....

try them and see :)

Rom

Advanced Member
Pillow ball will probably not last as long on the road. Usually pillowball stuff, is more track based.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Fanard

I did end up buying the Hardrace ones, i'll just run them and see what happens. If they turn out to be rubbish then i'll just buy some more of a different brand. Cheers for all the help. The M2 ones Paul do sound really good actually so they could be a possibility if these ones suck.

Cheers