Opinions on having the spoiler painted?

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Hi guys I'm having the rear Mugen rep wing painted soon as the quality isn't great at the moment.

Shall I have it painted like this again:

Or like this?

I'm really torn and need opinions. The only reason I'm thinking about the second option is because with it black it gets lost in pictures etc with the tinted rear window.

Thanks

Alex

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Think its a good contrast along with the colour of you're wheels as well, but that part white with dark bits does look spot on. Photoshoped pic?

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Think its a good contrast along with the colour of you're wheels as well, but that part white with dark bits does look spot on. Photoshoped pic?
Just a pic I pinched off google.

I'm probably going to have one of Jono's Mugen rep rear lips as well which I think would look better with the spoiler part white

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I like the wing and IMO If I bought one that was "sub par" condition I'd paint the all but the struts mate.

I think it looks well colour coded tbh.

Apple

Advanced Member
Black .. Cause goes with the wheels and the rear windows and deflectors.. But still looks nice in white but not as mean.. My thoughts

dave c

400hp K20
How about just the white blade and black everything else, as in feet, uprights and end plates

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
dave c said:
How about just the white blade and black everything else, as in feet, uprights and end plates
Not a bad shout!

Anyone good with Photoshop and would be so kind? :)

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
dave c said:
Im sure someone else could do a better job but this give you the idea...

That looks amazing. This has changed my opinion of te mugen wing completely as I didn't really like the black one on a CW. But this.....well lets just say that pennies will be going into the piggy bank now.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
1) All black
2) Black supports with white blade (that looks ok actually)
3) All white (Please don't)

Why not get it dipped in CF?

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Cheers Dave for the photoshop :)

So many options! Seems a mixture of opinions as well.

@LiamGTR another option is to have the spoiler blade and bases done white but then have the metal upright brackets dipped in Carbon? Who does that sort of thing?

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Nah I meant to whole thing dipper in CF, dipped looks much better and much more realistic than a wrap, but I'd say dip the lot.

As for who does it, I've no idea but you'd have to send it away is imagine

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
LiamGTR said:
Nah I meant to whole thing dipper in CF, dipped looks much better and much more realistic than a wrap, but I'd say dip the lot.

As for who does it, I've no idea but you'd have to send it away is imagine
I see what you mean now.

To be honest id want it to be real carbon if i was doing the whole spoiler.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I agree real CF is obviously the most appealing and 'JDM' and all this but honest mate nobody would be able to tell the difference. I've seen a dipped bonnet and u tip the guy told me "It's dipped you know", I'd of had no idea.

Anyway not to go off topic, I'd say if you we're going to paint anything white, JUST the blade in white and keep everything else as is. Don't fix what's not broken..

Erm

Advanced Member
My opinion is put the OEM one back on :xgrin:

put the scaffolding back on a building site where it belongs ;)