Opinions Please - Blue DC5 with Mods in Japan - L@@K!!

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Hi guys,

Sorry to spam out the General Chat area with a potential Car sale, but im looking at this DC5 in Japan and am in to minds on if i should buy it or not.

I would love to get your opinions on the car to see if it is something which is tastefully modified and to most peoples tastes (if only i had asked this question about the C.West Modified one - LOL)

Seriously though, i need to make a desicion by 11pm tonight.

I have posted the pics below.

The Spec is roughly (prob more but not documented)

2001 (51 Reg) DC5 in Blue

Standard Interior (blue)

C Package

Zeel Coilover suspension Kit (anyone heard of this before!?)

Aftermarket Clutch (make unknown)

Aftermarket Cusco LSD

Uprated Radiator

Uprated Engine Mounts

Aftermarket Titanium Exhaust System

Wed Sport Lightweight Racing Alloy wheels (17")
Carbon Front Hood (make ??)

3 Defi guages (prob exhaust temp, oil, water etc)

Thats about it - oh and 39,000 Miles with Full service History and 1 Owner.

Probable cost on the road (sale price) of £11,500

Thanks in advance for any opinions gratefully recieved.

:wink: 8) :wink:

Suped

Advanced Member
Sounds to be a trackday teg and lived the majority of the miles above 6k.
:p

Doesn't impress me, but thats just me.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
As above. Probably had a very hard life. Other parts of the car that has not be uprated are probably tired like bushes etc

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Yeah sounds like it'll have been driven. Good spec (gotta get it through ESVA though...), I'd guess it'll be easier to sell a "softer" standard car though.

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Thanks for the comments guys....

Still in 2 minds.... Alot of the time the Jap's put on all the race spec parts but its never seen any heavy driving at all.

However im not too woried about that as we have a thorogh inspection on the car before purchase and we will be able to tell by the condition of the bushes etc to see if it has been tracked. (If it has then its a NO NO for us)

As for the ESVA, Yeah - i have checked we can SVA it, just need to change the Exhaust and the normal Headlights and bonnet insulation

kingston

Advanced Member
hmmm, you cant import it, im the only one to have those rims (Wed sport SA-90)

otherwise it does sound like a track day car, dont know why it would put off nay potential buyer though considering most on here have taken theirs on track or had theirs above 6k rpm for a whilst. The cars where built to take abuse

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Thanks again for all the input.

I must Admit, im drooling over the spec as these Mods would cost £5000 plus to do from new once the car was in the UK.

I am going to buy the car if there is no evidence of prolonged Track abuse, and i reallllllly want to keep this one for myself.

P.S - I am going to reduce the 17,000 Miles 51 Plate C.West Teg with the 19" alloys on to £11,500 to pay for this one.

Anyone who might know someone who is interested, that is an exclusive ITR-DC5 price.

At that price, we are breaking even - but if i dont sell it now i wont be able to buy this car without feeling guilty.!!!

The car was previously advertised at £12,995

If that doesnt sell the car then its a trip to TGM for the standard alloys and Spoiler plus a front and rear bumper change.

In its standard form we can sell this for around £11,500 with this mileage and gain around £300 on the Mods once the standard parts are paid for.

I just really like the look of this Teg, and cant really resist getting all those expensive Mods on for no extra cost.
:roll: :roll:

kingston

Advanced Member
Thinking about if, if the car is prepped for track, wouldnt it mean the car is in better condition than most others as youd assume that the owner would have looked after rather well to get those aprts????

pjonline

Hey Andy

Patrick here!
I am quite keen on this if you wanted to sell it.
As long as it is in good condition. i.e. Not been ragged to death
I know you said you want it for yourself but for £11,500 i would have it.
Paid Up front as well!

Give me a bell if you wanna talk
you've got my number

p.s Whats the deal with the tyres?

Evs

Advanced Member
I've got Zeal coilovers on mine and am very happy with them. I bought them secondhand but they're over £2k for a new set. Spring rates are 10Kg/mm front and rear IIRC so they're reasonably civilised, not rock hard like some you can get.

I think that car is a good buy if it's in good shape, and a bargain if the mods are up your street. If you like it and you're buying it for yourself then just go for it :wink:

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
The bid is in guys - we will wait and see tommorow if i am the new owner!!!

Cheers for all your comments either way.....

Much appreciated :wink:

pjonline

Just got in from pub! So a little pissed!

Really want this car!

do you wanna sell it?

I Really like it

:lol:

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
just spoke to our agent in Japan.

The inspection didnt reveal any signs of track or hard road use. 8)

Car looks absolutely mint.

Most of the Modified parts are like new...

THEREFORE WE BOUGHT THE CAR!!!

Only issue now is do i add it to our stock list or keep it for myself!!

I miss having my own DC5... and this one looks so well set up for fast road use.

Anyway, more pics and Full spec list coming on Monday/Tuesday when the car arrvies in Tokyo from Gumna.

Thanks once again for everyones opinions - it was very helpfull
:D :D

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
I know you want to sell it to me!!!
LOL :lol:

I have left a mesage on your answerphone patrick today (sunday 3pm)

Gimmie a call back when you pick it up.

25+ pics coming soon (possibly tommorow)