Optimising a double din Jap head unit

Judley

Advanced Member
Hi guys. I have done the search thing but can't find what I'm looking for unfortunately. My car has a Kenwood HDV 910 with HDD, MP3, Minidisk, TV, Navigation etc. I realise that I am limited on radio frequency but I'm not too bothered about that. What I would like to do is to get the most out of the HDD and MP3 functions. We have removed the HDD disk and this appears to be a different type to UK stuff and the MP3 slot seems to be a different size too :xrealangry:

Soooooooo, has anyone cracked this and found out the right type and size (MB) of memory stick for the MP3 player and HDD disk?

Thanks in advance.

George

PS I'm not a skinflint, I'd just rather spend some cash on suspension :green:

Judley

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
Any pics of the slot?
I can get a pic mate but I'm crap at posting them up. Can I MMS it to you (will need your number obviously).

Cheers,

George

mikegsi

Staff member
got the pic, cheers George

the sd clot is for a sony pro duo mem card, they are slightly narrower than a standard sd card, but they come with an adaptor as per this pic

you can get counterfeit ones on ebay that run slower than genuine ones so not the best option, but genuine sony ones used to be quite expensive

as for the hdd- would have thought it would be a laptop type hdd? thats what the ps3 uses

Judley

Advanced Member
Star man Mike. I am going to give that a bash next week and see what happens.

Thanks very much 8)

George

Judley

Advanced Member
Struggling with the HDD unit guys. Does anyone have experience of wiping the drive and replacing with new files? The format of the new files is where the problem lies. Any ideas or thoughts please?

Cheers,

George