Options for quieter exhaust?

integraleo

Advanced Member
It was me and actually lost 12.5 hp before charger was fitted. Down from custom 3" exhaust. Power dropped from 238.5 down to 226. Got to be honest it didn't feel any slower

Linus27

Advanced Member
Just to add to this. My DC5 was mapped with OEM 4-2 and 2-1 manifold, Spoon B-Pipe and Spoon N1 and made 229bhp. I then changed my setup to OEM 4-2 manifold, Spoon 2-1 manifold, Spoon B- Pipe and OEM back box and the same mapper got 227bhp from it.

Going to a decat I would had thought I would get more than the first setup unless the OEM back box is restrictive. Would had been interesting to see what it would had got if I had left the Spoon back box on.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Linus27 said:
Just to add to this. My DC5 was mapped with OEM 4-2 and 2-1 manifold, Spoon B-Pipe and Spoon N1 and made 229bhp. I then changed my setup to OEM 4-2 manifold, Spoon 2-1 manifold, Spoon B- Pipe and OEM back box and the same mapper got 227bhp from it.

Going to a decat I would had thought I would get more than the first setup unless the OEM back box is restrictive. Would had been interesting to see what it would had got if I had left the Spoon back box on.
What about mid range though, any changes there between the 2 set ups/maps?