Orange thing!

The Ninj

I know this sounds like a daft question but whats that little orange thing for under the glovebox?

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
are you talking about the flare? a small orange/red tube stuck to the side of the footwell?

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
ive certainly seen a few fellas who have orange things sitting in the passenger seat as well lol.

logik

Advanced Member
LA-DC5 ITR said:
ive certainly seen a few fellas who have orange things sitting in the passenger seat as well lol.
Lmao!!

But yeah its a flare alright, and they can actually be sought after in Ireland. I have seen a number of posts with guys wanted to buy one to make every detail of their car authentic.

In Japan you stand them in the likes of a tri pod stand and activate the flare. They stay lit for 2+ hours and are to warn traffic of a break down or crash. Jap's think of everything :)

phil r

Advanced Member
orange thing

Yep flare thats the japanese version of the AA :lol: & yes totally ilegal

LeeH

Advanced Member
I've got mine in.

JDM YO!!!!!!!!!

Fight the power............

:lol:

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I'm fairly sure that they come under the firearms law so you can get royally screwed if caught with one.

logik

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
I'm fairly sure that they come under the firearms law so you can get royally screwed if caught with one.
Yeah, i would also like to know where i stand in Ireland if caught with one.

acepty

Advanced Member
I´m tempted of buying one as my car came without it...
But I don´t trust to have that thing alive and leaving my car under the sun... Maybe I´m just to paranoic but does anyone else think they could lit inside car because of heat? :?

VTeCMonKeY

Advanced Member
acepty said:
I´m tempted of buying one as my car came without it...
But I don´t trust to have that thing alive and leaving my car under the sun... Maybe I´m just to paranoic but does anyone else think they could lit inside car because of heat? :?
nope

VTeCMonKeY

Advanced Member
would you get in hot water for having an empty casing just for decoration? - would they class it the same as parading around with a plastic ak47?