Oultan Park > 15th Dec ?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hi

Just wondering whether anyone is going to join me on this from the Honda fold ?

It's with Motorsport Vision, the cost is £99 for a full day, Open Pit Lane.

Mike

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Oh bugger, I'm out all that day otherwise I'd have bobbed along and had a bit of a watch :(

What time does your day start and you on track?

Cheers
Wardy

dan the man

Advanced Member
Im going to try to get this off work tomorrow.

If successfull ill prob join you..although weather puts me right off :x

Tim_85

ARSE! :x
Well would have gone to this but just dont have the money at the moment! Wouldnt feel happy giving the teg a thrashing round Oulton now. Shes pretty much due for a service and some new tyres would probably be in order. I'll try and get everything sorted and book myself on but doubt its goin to happen. Oulton is only 6 mins from my house so i'll book the day off work and just come down and watch for a bit if i cant get everythin sorted! What time is every1 getting there?

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Tim_85 said:
Well would have gone to this but just dont have the money at the moment! Wouldnt feel happy giving the teg a thrashing round Oulton now. Shes pretty much due for a service and some new tyres would probably be in order. I'll try and get everything sorted and book myself on but doubt its goin to happen. Oulton is only 6 mins from my house so i'll book the day off work and just come down and watch for a bit if i cant get everythin sorted! What time is every1 getting there?
Tim where abotus in Cheshire are you as I'm not to far from Oulton myself. You Chester or Manchester side of it?

Cheers
Wardy

dan the man

Advanced Member
well checked my funds and LOWWWW is not the word..also away this weekend up the lakes with the GF as her birthday so theres another small fotune.

looks like i might not be able to afford it unless i bang it on card :oops: buts never gona help is it..

If i get the day off ill drive down and watch and passenger :D

Tim_85

Wardy7 said:
Tim_85 said:
Tim where abotus in Cheshire are you as I'm not to far from Oulton myself. You Chester or Manchester side of it?

Cheers
Wardy
8)

Live about 45 seconds away from the big shell on the crossroads of the A49 and the A556 but I work in Knutsford and my mum has got a shop in Chester so I'm always blatting it about around the area. Which side are you? Never seen another DC5 around here.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Just to report back...

I survived without any incident :)

It was wet all day, but had a great time....

I've now know the racing line at Oultan and no how to drive in wet conditions (first time, nothing really to worry over, just learned to drive to the conditions and build up speed / progress.... main thing to remember, is to keep things smooth..)

Just wish, a certain Mini Race team who had 3 cars their, applied my logic, rather than them stopping the day on 4 occasions :evil:

BTW, who turned up in the black DC5 in the afternoon, why didn’t you come over to the pit garages ?

Mike

dan the man

Advanced Member
GLAD u had a good day and learned more pal. i hate rain so in some ways am glad i couldnt make it.

until next year!

mike99

Advanced Member
black dc5 may have been tim_85. or ive seen a few other black dc5's about. not sure whos they are though.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
dan the man said:
GLAD u had a good day and learned more pal. i hate rain so in some ways am glad i couldnt make it.

until next year!

It's funny Dan, but from now onwards, a 'wet' day will not worry me at all...

Mike

Wardy7

Advanced Member
I couldn't make it up mate, I had really wanted to bob up and I'd have come and had a word but ended up being out all day!

Let us know when you're booked in to go Oulton again and I'll try and get there!

Cheers
Wardy

dan the man

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
dan the man said:

until next year!

It's funny Dan, but from now onwards, a 'wet' day will not worry me at all...

Mike
well deepd won thats why i wana do a wet day really..got to get used to them at some point. ive done wet a the ring and at aintree and not liked any :evil:

Tim_85

MJ Type-R said:
Just to report back...

I've now know the racing line at Oultan and no how to drive in wet conditions (first time, nothing really to worry over, just learned to drive to the conditions and build up speed / progress.... main thing to remember, is to keep things smooth..)

Just wish, a certain Mini Race team who had 3 cars their, applied my logic, rather than them stopping the day on 4 occasions :evil:

BTW, who turned up in the black DC5 in the afternoon, why didn’t you come over to the pit garages ?

Mike
Alrite Mike,

Yeah that was me. :xgrin:
Was goin to try and book a session but couldn't get my car ready in time so thought i'd just come down to have a look. Didn't think i'd been spotted to tell you the truth! Where did you see me?

Looked like quite a good day despite the weather. A bit of rain makes it more interesting anyway!how did you get on? I didnt stay for long but from what I saw you were getting faster with each lap and you seemed to really start picking up the pace as I was leaving.

I know what you mean about those minis. One of them nearly took the front of my car off coming out of the paddock! =D> A couple of those lotus's (lotuses,lotus',loti? :-k) didnt look shy of the rain either!

Definately give us a shout when your on the next one and i'l come and book a session!xdevilking

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Tim_85 said:
MJ Type-R said:
Just to report back...

Mike
Alrite Mike,

Yeah that was me. :xgrin:
Was goin to try and book a session but couldn't get my car ready in time so thought i'd just come down to have a look. Didn't think i'd been spotted to tell you the truth! Where did you see me?

Looked like quite a good day despite the weather. A bit of rain makes it more interesting anyway!how did you get on? I didnt stay for long but from what I saw you were getting faster with each lap and you seemed to really start picking up the pace as I was leaving.

I know what you mean about those minis. One of them nearly took the front of my car off coming out of the paddock! =D> A couple of those lotus's (lotuses,lotus',loti? :-k) didnt look shy of the rain either!

Definately give us a shout when your on the next one and i'l come and book a session!xdevilking
Hi Tim

I did feel in the afternoon I was improving and gaining pace after each lap, thanks for noticing 8)

Not sure when I will make Oultan again, a lot depends on my bank balance at the end of this month...

I have my eye on a day at Snetterton (maybe a double) in Jan, Fed is going to be my first drive of my local circuit - Castle Coombe & then maybe Oultan again in Early March (seems to be a few S2000's attending), both the latter are with Bookatrack..

Reference the Mini's, I'm going to give Alex at MSV some feedback....

Mike