Oulton 30th September

celox performance

Advanced Member
I didn't particularly want to do any more track days before Rockingham, but since it's free then I thought it would be rude not to take them up on their generous offer, especially as it's my local track :lol:

I've got some Exe-Tc coilovers going on the Evo tomorrow so at least i'll be able to set them up in time for Rockingham.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Cool congrats =D>

Let me know how you get on with the coilovers, how are they supposed to be compared to the BC Racing ones?

celox performance

Advanced Member
They're supposedly the best you can get and RSE use it on their time attack car. Reading various forums they're meant to give a superior ride to the OEM suspension and they're actually too soft for road use on the softest setting ranging to too hard for track use, so they have a load of adjustment (40 settings).

I'm in RSE at the moment and should have them fitted and set up by 2pm, so i'll let you know my initial thoughts on suitability for road use later. You know what i'm like, I like a nice soft ride so I hope they don't dissapoint

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Cool they sound good.

That stupid eye nut I ordered doesn't fit #-o

You sure Demon Theives didn't drill into the tunnel to fit your harnesses? There doesn't seem to be any other way to fit the eye bolt with any oem holes? :-k

celox performance

Advanced Member
celox performance said:
They're supposedly the best you can get and RSE use it on their time attack car. Reading various forums they're meant to give a superior ride to the OEM suspension and they're actually too soft for road use on the softest setting ranging to too hard for track use, so they have a load of adjustment (40 settings).

I'm in RSE at the moment and should have them fitted and set up by 2pm, so i'll let you know my initial thoughts on suitability for road use later. You know what i'm like, I like a nice soft ride so I hope they don't dissapoint
I've just got back now and I can confirm that they are a very soft ride on the softest setting, in fact too soft and the car feels like a boat and it's making me sea sick :lol: . I got the car back on 30 clicks front/rear which was a bit too hard for road use, although still not as hard as my DC5, so i've kept them in the middle on 20 clicks for now which i'd say is about the same as the OEM :) . Previously the rear end felt light and with the new suspension it feels a lot more planted.

Here's a pic of the harness fixing which may help you. It's the best I could get unfortunately and there's not much room to get my camera in :roll:

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Cheers Adam, looks like a custom made plate.

Glad you are happy with the suspension :)

Are you running some crazy camber and toe like the teg? :lol:

celox performance

Advanced Member
The front camber's at 2.5 degrees and the rear's at 1.5 degrees, so not quite as crazy as the Teg used to be (3.5 degrees neg front/rear at Rockingham :eek: ) . I killed those PF discs though so either need to buy some more or go for the carbon Dixcel discs to match the pads. I'd prefer the Dixcel discs but i'm not sure they'll go on now with having the bells for the PF discs :?

Have you managed to get your brakes sorted yet mate? I've heard Evo's are notorious for eating discs.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
I'm still running the TSL Group N discs with the Dixcel Zpad.

They are great when stamping on them but quickly build up with brake deposits when breaking lightly, but a few high speed stamps cleans them up.

celox performance

Advanced Member
I think i'm going for the Dixcel FCR carbon discs to match my carbon pads to make sure I get a perfect disc/pad combination this time. If I buy them then i'll let you know how I get on with them at Oulton.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Cool let me know how you get on. Though doubt I'll be spending anymore money on the car, not out of choice anyway :lol:

I spoke to Demon Tweeks, really sound guy there, he says that the plate which you have on your car is probably manufactured or a cut down plate, so I bought just a normal backing plate and will just drill a hole to mount to the oem belt clip.

celox performance

Advanced Member
I remember saying that you needed a new clutch.....

I decided to go for the Dixcel discs in the end and hopefully I should have them for Tuesday/Wednesday :) . I know how well the Dixcel disc/pad combination perform on my Teg. I'll give a review of them after my track day.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Yeah had the clutch changed just over a week ago.

Excedy Twin Plate Heavy Duty, Supposedly it can take some real abuse :twisted: though it's quite a bit stiffer than the old clutch and I've stalled it quite a few times since I had the car back :roll: and the bite point is a bit on off. Feels really solid though.

Just seemed to make sense to spend the extra money now rather than buy another one in 6 months time

celox performance

Advanced Member
You'll have to get those legs worked more often :lol: . That's one of the things that's put me off buying a twin plate clutch tbh.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
my left leg is certainly expanding :lol:

I think it's starting to loosen up though or I'm getting used to it, I'll give you an update once I've put a few 100 more miles on.

I woud highly recommend one though, feels bullet proof compared to the standard butter clutch, seems to get the power down much better to.