Oulton Park 12th August

Wardy7

Advanced Member
I might bob down and have a bit of a watch. What time are you there from & till?

celox performance

Advanced Member
Wardy7 said:
I might bob down and have a bit of a watch. What time are you there from & till?
It would be good to see you again mate. I'll be there from 9am until my cars breaks :lol: . Lunch is usually 1-2pm.....

Not sure if my DC5 will be coming or the Evo, but the Evo is easy to identify. If you send me a pm a couple of days before the track day then i'll describe it for you.

Wardy7

Advanced Member
celox performance said:
Wardy7 said:
It would be good to see you again mate. I'll be there from 9am until my cars breaks :lol: . Lunch is usually 1-2pm.....

Not sure if my DC5 will be coming or the Evo, but the Evo is easy to identify. If you send me a pm a couple of days before the track day then i'll describe it for you.
Have you decided which your going in yet mate? :)

celox performance

Advanced Member
Hope you managed to get home alright Lockwood without any rain :? . I forgot to ask if you were taking any video footage and did you buy a picture CD?

celox performance

Advanced Member
tron2k3 said:
How was it guys?

Celox did you use the teg or the evo in the end?
It was a good day and I was hardly off the track for more than about 15 mins because I took both cars to compare on a track that I know. The verdict is I found the Evo to be the better car in the end and I had the extra confidence to power out of the bends far earlier than previously at Donny, although I reckon there's still not enough feedback through the steering wheel, so i'll probably end up going to RSE and having the BC coilovers fitted next week :lol:

I had a VERY near 115mph miss with some lad in a Civic :eek: . I'd been following him for 2 laps but he was quicker round the bends than me, but on every straight i'd caught him up and had to back right off but he still wouldn't let me past. We came to probably the fastest straight on the circuit and he moved over to the right so I could get past and as I overtook him at around 115mph he decided to try and side swipe me :xmad: . I swerved out of the way but my front tyre was on the grass and I could see the barrier getting closer. Anyway I got control of the car and managed to make it round the bend safely, unlike the idiot in the Civic who lost it on the bend and ended up on the grass :roll: . 3 spectators complained about his driving and he got a telling off from race control. From now on i'm taking out track day insurance.

I've got some pics and video which i'll try and post up in the next couple of days.

BTW I was on the F1's on both cars and I took a lot of camber off the Teg which i'll need to put back on if I take it to Rockingham. I'll also need to use some A048's on the Teg.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Yeah, got home alright thanks mate, there was no standing water and only light drizzle at most. :)

Gotta go out and change the wheels/pads now, as I've got to drive to Oxford tomorrow. :(

Was a good day, once the track dried! Not much left of my front 888s now though, dunno whether to risk another trackday on them or not.

Didn't take any video cos I've got a suction mount and they said they didn't allow them. I never buy the picture CDs, too expensive! :wink:

celox performance

Advanced Member
In the briefing they did say that they would allow a suction mount. I used mine at the end of the day and it was fine. I'm literally just in the middle of posting some pics up now and video. The pics were meant to be £30 for a CD and I only had 16 pics of my Teg. Luckily I also got some pics of the Evo for the same price :)

tron2k3

Advanced Member
celox performance said:
tron2k3 said:
How was it guys?

Celox did you use the teg or the evo in the end?
It was a good day and I was hardly off the track for more than about 15 mins because I took both cars to compare on a track that I know. The verdict is I found the Evo to be the better car in the end and I had the extra confidence to power out of the bends far earlier than previously at Donny, although I reckon there's still not enough feedback through the steering wheel, so i'll probably end up going to RSE and having the BC coilovers fitted next week :lol:

I had a VERY near 115mph miss with some lad in a Civic :eek: . I'd been following him for 2 laps but he was quicker round the bends than me, but on every straight i'd caught him up and had to back right off but he still wouldn't let me past. We came to probably the fastest straight on the circuit and he moved over to the right so I could get past and as I overtook him at around 115mph he decided to try and side swipe me :xmad: . I swerved out of the way but my front tyre was on the grass and I could see the barrier getting closer. Anyway I got control of the car and managed to make it round the bend safely, unlike the idiot in the Civic who lost it on the bend and ended up on the grass :roll: . 3 spectators complained about his driving and he got a telling off from race control. From now on i'm taking out track day insurance.

I've got some pics and video which i'll try and post up in the next couple of days.

BTW I was on the F1's on both cars and I took a lot of camber off the Teg which i'll need to put back on if I take it to Rockingham. I'll also need to use some A048's on the Teg.
Jeez mate sounds like a close call, which car were you in at the time? look forward to seeing the vid :eek:

Didn't realise it was OPL :-k you definitely got your moneys worth then.

If you do go for BC coilovers give MG Auto's a short first as they had them on special offer, either get them from them or get RSE to match it. :wink:

Did you get the Dixcel pads in time?

celox performance

Advanced Member
I was in the Evo at the time luckily which took to the grass better than the Teg would have done :roll: . Here are the pics and vid. You may notice a slight change in the size of the spolier from the last time you saw the car....

If I was going a bit quicker then I reckon I could have got the rear to lift :lol:

I phoned RSE this morning to get a price/availability of the BC's but they haven't got back to me as yet :? . The Dixcel pads did arrive in time and I bedded them in on track.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XimOlLjZwjM

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Doesn't look too bad, didn't really notice it tbh from the pics, does it make any difference on track? more stable on fast bends?

Who keeps using the horn on track? seem to hear someone beeping their horn a few times. Also your passenger making funny outbursts :lol:

celox performance

Advanced Member
tron2k3 said:
Doesn't look too bad, didn't really notice it tbh from the pics, does it make any difference on track? more stable on fast bends?

Who keeps using the horn on track? seem to hear someone beeping their horn a few times. Also your passenger making funny outbursts :lol:
I don't know if it makes any difference or not tbh. The only way i'd know 100% would be to go to a track that i've been on with the OEM spoiler, eg. Donny and compare the difference. I keep beeping the horn by mistake on quite a few bends. From what i've seen it's a common thing on the MLR forum so I might have to take the fuse out for future trackdays. You should have heard the last comment from my passenger :lol: . It's been cut off the video :roll:

The Dixel R-01 pads are definately a pad which requires semi slicks at least or slicks. The co-efficient is so high that with my F1's they kept locking the brakes up both on the Teg and Evo, compared to when I used the A048's when they were fine and hardly locked up.