Oulton Park Max Speed

Bewesy

Advanced Member
Afternoon Gents,

I have booked a track day at Oulton in July (whoop!) and was just wondering what the max speed a standard DC5 would reach on the fastest point of the circuit.

The reason I'm asking as mine has the mph converter connected after the ECU so I'm limited to 112mph. Never had a problem at Blyton (100mph) so if I'm not going to be maxing it out at Oulton then I'll probably leave it alone. But don't want to be bouncing off it all day.

I've had the teg 2 years and never really been bothered about moving to to pre-ECU, and it saves me going silly speeds on public roads. (I've only hit it once unintentionally :) )

What do you reckon?

Cheers,
Andy

Liam

Advanced Member
A mate still has the speed limiter on his and I don't think he had any issues at Oulton.

Bewesy

Advanced Member
Cheers guys. Sounds like you must have been getting fairly close to 112 on Druids.

Ronnie31

Ive uploaded a session later in the day. Get 5th down there briefly as on standard pads and i think theres a corner or two using different gears as it seemed quicker and easier in higher gear.

Id be over the moon to be close to 112. Genuinely cant remember now though

Bewesy

Advanced Member
I guess even if it was ever reaching 112 mph it would only be very briefly and wouldn't ever be mid corner so unlikely to cause any issues.

If I get chance I might have a poke about behind the dash at some point and see how easy it will be to relocate the converter anyway.

Thanks for the info everyone :)

Indi

Advanced Member
You should be fine as according to Harrys lap timer I was hitting maximum speed of 115.6mph in my Supercharged Teg and that's on a flying 1:57 lap :)

https://youtu.be/_ECp6xoYBF8

Edited: Looking at rest of the laps logged on my Harrys lap timer there's a few laps where I managed to hit 118mph but I reckon in an N/A DC5 with few mods you'll easily get away with it :)

Kevin85

Advanced Member
My teg was standard power and gearbox in this video and I don't hit 112, although the speed is gps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NulsiDDcDIk