Oulton Park Question

Jayk

Advanced Member
It doesnt look to bad on tyres but what about on brakes?

Im running stock brakes at the mo, wasnt planning a track day but looks like next month im doing Oulton Park.

Just wondering if i should upgrade my front pads, i wont be doing any other track days this year though and my rear brake discs and pads are brand new OEM, fronts have alot of life left. Not sure if its worth it?

Cheers
Jay

andyr

Depends on your driving style to be honest.

Oulton is my local track and I've found it to be hard on brakes.

You need to look at how long your sessions are and your driving style to make a judgement on which type of pads to choose.

Apex-i do a nice set of pads for our calipers, but you have to get them warm before you notice any difference.

HTH

Andy

Jayk

Advanced Member
Cheers Andy, I brake late and hard, but also come down the box hard. I know i will cook standard pads, id so on my last time and ran DS2500s instead,

If i change i want something good for the Road too as i use the car everyday.

Cheers
Jay

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Mintex 1144s in my opinion - stood up to the full GP circuit at Donington for 20mins at a time and work lovely on the road.

Jayk

Advanced Member
Cheers for the comments guys, its going to be my only trackday this year so im tempted to give the OEM brakes a go, as there is loads of life left in them, but im still pondering.

Lockwood do they squeal at all, i used these about 6 years ago only my hispec 4pot setup with my saxo and they made load of noise?

Im tempted to get DS2500's again, at £113 from unit 8 thats a good price. Worth me changing my hoses too i guess. Hmmmm.

Needs some damn tyres and road tax too!

lockwood77

Advanced Member
They can squeal a bit at slow speeds, that's the nature of the beast I think, all mine have done it.

I would be wary of boiling the fluid too - is it standard stuff you've got in?

celox performance

Advanced Member
Jayk said:
Im tempted to get DS2500's again, at £113 from unit 8 thats a good price. Worth me changing my hoses too i guess. Hmmmm.
Or £99 from me including delivery :D .

I have to point out to the mods that I don't make a profit on these and do it as a favour to help fellow DC5 members out :D