Overheating

L11KOY

Hi guys,

I have been having some overheating problems over the weekend,
Radiator is fully topped up and so is the overflow bottle, with coolant.

At first I though it was a leak, so I did a emergency quick fix..Radweld solution.

I fully drained and flushed the radiator and then applied the Radweld solution, but still I have slight issues on the overheadting, I dont think its a leak, as I have checked the radiator/overflow over night and they still seem topped up.

Could it be the water pump or thermostat?

Any advise?

Thanks

Koy

L11KOY

Yep, i bled the system properly, fully flushed it before refilling.

I just purchased a racing thermostat from Mishimoto and a Mishimoto high pressure radiator cap, I should get for tomorrow :)
Has anyone had any dealing or used any of Mishimoto products? are they any good? I have never heard of them in the U.K...

Kinli

Advanced Member
How did you bleed the system? Is the lower water hose from the radiator hot?
If the car is at an angle (even slightly) there might be air trapped in the system even when the fan goes on and the thermostat opens.

I had to bleed the system about a week a go but the radiator just wasn't sucking the coolant even tho the termostat opened / fan went on.

I then jacked the front of the car up as much as I could and tried again and it immediately started drinking coolant like a professional alcoholic.

EDIT: also, if the system has been dry for a long time then the thermostat is probably stuck.

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
We deal with Mishimoto products, not had anyone coming back to us saying that they had any problems ;)

L11KOY

I jacked up the front of the car, underneath the radiator on the bottom right side, there is a small plastic screw, looks like wings, unscrew that slowly and the coolant should pour out slowly...I flushed it as well, leaving the tap open, pour in water to clean out any deposites, then close the screw again.

Then filled up raditor, while the engine was running, you should see the radiator burping pushing out much air as possible..job done :)

Im getting the Thermostat fitted in this weekend, as I tried myself with no luck...very hard getting my hands to the 3 bolts holding it down, need to get the car up on a stand and use longer spanners :)