P G's discs f4 pads - 5.1 final drive

dc5ian

Advanced Member
just thought id post up my thoughts on these 2 mods which i have just had done..

first the 5.1 final drive.
well worth the money - especially if you tend to do track days, it pulls/revs alot quicker in 2nd and 3rd gears especially out of the corners. i would only do this mod if you do track days cos thats where your going to notice more.
at 90mph (sat nav) you will be doing around 5rpm which is where my vetec kicks in, so its livable on the road.

paul g's discs and f4 pads (race pads)
ive used these discs with mintex 1114 pads for a just over a year now and was impressed with them, they have lasted well and always performed well on track, i have however noticed slight break fade on these. so with these pads getting low i spoke to paul who recommended the f4 pads and supplied these pads, hes words were "Let me no how you get on with them...Bet you will love them :wink:" he wasnt wrong there.. blood hell they are very good, only drove on them for 30 miles or so to try and help them bed in and wow they are awsome when warmed up, not so great when cold but these are race pads only.. very pleased with how they felt on the road and cant wait to see what they are like at brands hatch on tuesday.

eXceed

Resident Driver
Sounds good mate, just wondering where I could get the Paul G's discs? A search hasn't proved to be very helpful?

dc5ian

Advanced Member
the guy who sells them on here is called paul g, there has been many posts about them, just send him a pm and he will sort them out for you

blueguy

Resident J's whore
dc5ian said:
at 90mph (sat nav) you will be doing around 5rpm which is where my vetec kicks in, so its livable on the road.
Great info mate, I'll be getting a 5.1 FD from Tom later this year. Even though my teg is not a daily driver, it's nice to know it will be fine when cruising on the motorway.

dc5ian

Advanced Member
silverdevill said:
anyone had any experience with the 5.8 final drive?.......
i dont know anyone who has, but some do get lower 5th and 6th gears, i think that and the 5.1 final drive would work very well together on the track, but to much for road use

Paul G

Members
Glad you like the F4's :wink: :)

For anyone doing T.days the F4's are the way to go :xyes: and i found on my car doing T.days they only wear down aprox 1mm per day - so last well to....

dc5ian

Advanced Member
even when the f4's are cold they aint that bad really.. and they dont squeak.. well they havent yet (on the road) will see if they do on/after tomorrows track day.