P1166 & P1167 after changing exhaust

martinj46

Advanced Member
As the title suggests, I've swapped my mid pipe over to a Spoon piece this afternoon, and with it fitted the above codes are displayed. I've searched them and it seems to be for the primary 02 sensor. Nothing was touched on either of the sensors though. Any ideas? Could removing the studs on the flange to replace with new ones have someone damaged it? And how much are new sensors from the dealer?

Cheers

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Had no problem when changing mine from 5Zigen to Spoon. Could be coincidence. How old and mileage is yours? Quite common to go.

martinj46

Advanced Member
It's a 51 plate sat at around 75k

New sensors are going to be expensive... I read a thread saying integrastella sells them for £130 second hand

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Iirc it was that much fitted at Honda! Get a quote first though. I could be wrong. See if you can talk to an engineer there too about the code.

Mileage and age seem about right when mine went. It's expensive but has to be done. Pitfall of a DC5.

martinj46

Advanced Member
I don't have a problem paying for it, just thought I'd check if there was anything else I should be checking first?

Stoo

Whining.....
Check the connector, to get both codes is a rarity.

If they are still there once you have checked it, reset the ECU to see if they clear.

If not, as above, genuine sensors only.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Check the connector, to get both codes is a rarity.

If they are still there once you have checked it, reset the ECU to see if they clear.

If not, as above, genuine sensors only.
This 👆👍

martinj46

Advanced Member
I know this is a stupid question, but thought I'd best ask before I rule it out... If the cat had decided to give up, it would be the secondary sensor that would flag up a fault, correct?

shanedixon

Advanced Member
I had the same codes and replace my primary O2 sensor genuine Honda one I payed about£198 lights off now and the car feels better for it

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Thread revival:
So just to confirm, codes; 1166,1167 and 0141 can all be fixed by replacing only one part (the rear/2nd o2 sensor?).

I cleared the codes, drove home from work and they all came back :( Bye bye £200 I think?