Pads Street/Track

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
If you are going thought the pad that quick then try to put the slot facing backward, the pad will last much longer but the braking power will reduce by around 10-15%.

The Z pad is designed for Group N racing use and they change the pad every race, thats why they wear out so quick but you can't get any other pad give as strong braking power.

Dixon

Hancock

Advanced Member
in terms of stopping power the dixcel slot disc/zpad are great, im not using the heat treated disc though not that it would affect pad wear anyway.

i think celox used the heat treated discs with the race pad and he was getting more trackdays out of his. I managed 2 open pitlanes at snetterton and oulton, then changed them after the second session at rockingham. Maybe if they were all sessioned i would get 3-4 days out of them.

@dixcel wouldn't i lose braking power if i rotate discs? also would i get more trackdays out of a race pad?

Hancock

Advanced Member
Rob84 said:
I'm using the type Z pad and slotted disks from Dixcel and have NO complaints at all. I've been to ring with them and they just got better and better the hotter they got and didn't fade at all even when they were completely blue and stinking! :twisted:

Dixon offers a pretty much bullet proof gurantee with them so I cant really see why you would go else where. I think if you look hard enough across different car forums, you can find bad reports for just about all pads so one or two bad reports can almost be dismissed imo. As long as they are bedded in as Dixon recommends then you shouldnt have any problems with them what-so-ever :)
i totally agree thats why im sticking with them :D ,

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
You only gonna lose 10-15% braking power if you rotate the disk to get the slot to face backward, I don't think you can feel much different probably not as sharp initial bite and that it. And yes the pad will last so much longer.

Rockingham is real bad on the pad, as you have 4 hairpin on one lap and they are all from 100mph+ down to 30mph in a very short distance.

George K

Advanced Member
Any recommendations for hill climbing - fade isn't an issue, but initial bite from cold is - guess standard might be the best answer.

alucardo

Advanced Member
Mintex 1144's have good initial bite from cold and dont fade on road tyres on track from my experience(experience in dc5).
Hawk HP+ I found had good initial bite like the 1144's but faded on road tyres after longer sessions (experience in dc2).
Ferrodo 2500's are also a good pad with a decent initial bite(experience in dc2).

oregato

Advanced Member
oregato said:
I've just ordered a set of carbone lorraines, will report back when I get them!
Well, I said I'd update.

Got a set of Carbone Lorraines, but it turns out they were the wrong ones for the car #-o

I brought them back to the supplier, with the pad I took out of them! Was told that the matching pair for the DC5 was going to cost me over 270 euros so I decided against it.

Went for a set of EBC Yellow Stuff in the end, brake fluid change is happening today so will be taking it easy and bedding them in over the next few days

lockwood77

Advanced Member
I guess you didn't have much choice, will be interesting to see how the EBC hold up, they're very much thought of as second-class pads. :-k

oregato

Advanced Member
lockwood77 said:
I guess you didn't have much choice, will be interesting to see how the EBC hold up, they're very much thought of as second-class pads. :-k
Yes I know, thats what I was thinking, but some people do rate them highly, but the majority seem to say stay well clear.

I found out though that there was a set of brembo pads on it when I got it so that's a good thing I guess as there is still plenty left in that pad if I need to change them over at the track day!