Paint Sealant

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Anyone use them? Collies 476 or similar?

What would be the best thing to use for sealing the paintwork on a new car?

G Man

Advanced Member
I use Jeffs/Werkstat Acrylic Jett - I can honestly say its brilliant and is easy to apply.

Link

LeeH

Advanced Member
I use the 476 but the NXT is a good all in one. The 476 is only for finishing off (lsp).

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
sealent and wax is the same thing.

NXT is perfect for the job. paint sealer is not som ultra special coating

VT-Doo

RushDoo
I have the S2000 booked in on Friday for the rear bumper to get resprayed (as other people can't park!).

Once I get the car back what should I do to protect the paint??

I know basically nothing about "detailing" and only use Autoglym products (as that's what people buy me)

Please feel free to treat me as a noob on this subject...even a basic step by step would be great

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Cheers guys. So whats the difference between carnuaba wax and NXT for sealing?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
carnuba wax is a natural product, NXT is synthetic.

natural products have limits of use, wheras synthetic products are developed from natural to do a particular job.

personal choice really but for me fullysynthetic should outlast and outperform most carnuba waxes., its easy to apply and works well so with spare time at a premium is my choice

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
carnuba wax is a natural product, NXT is synthetic.

natural products have limits of use, wheras synthetic products are developed from natural to do a particular job.

personal choice really but for me fullysynthetic should outlast and outperform most carnuba waxes., its easy to apply and works well so with spare time at a premium is my choice
Agreed!

Helpful little post here on the Meguiars car care forums:
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28676

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I have the S2000 booked in on Friday for the rear bumper to get resprayed (as other people can't park!).

Once I get the car back what should I do to protect the paint??

I know basically nothing about "detailing" and only use Autoglym products (as that's what people buy me)

Please feel free to treat me as a noob on this subject...even a basic step by step would be great
http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22861-meguiars-official-detailing-guide/
:xcheers:

Tim J

Advanced Member
I use Chemical Guys - Mirror Gloss / Wet look finish as my paint sealant.

It's easy to apply and easy to buff off and use before Dodo Juice wax as a final coat

Obviously, It's all personal however.....

I last detailed the car back mid August and I think it's fair to say that we had a harsh winter.

Since then, I haven't touched the car at all and it's now 1st May, that's almost 81/2 months (the grime just simply built up) BUT after a quick wash and light clay, the paintwork is immaculate.
Just goes to show that good products, used properly, do a fantastic job - I've fallen in love again :wink:

Cheers

Tim

Dan2020

Advanced Member
After polishing, 2 coats of Chemical Guys Jet seal (especially on white cars) followed by 2 coats of R222 wax!

W 70M C

Advanced Member
VT DOO

PM me address and i can send you out a copy of our Detailing Guide which is step by step guide on how to get the best out of products.

I would put any wax on your rear buumper for 60-90 days as it needs to fully cure (it will be hard to touch) but some solvents are still escaping....wax will seal the surface and trap them in.