Parcel Shelf Fitting

Neil_H

Advanced Member
Got my parcel shelf and fitted it - great, and really finishes the car off.

One question though, it came with a new set of pistons for the hatch - how would I fit these? It looks like the bolt mounts unscrew but they're very stiff. :!:

TBH I'm not sure they're needed as the hatch lifts fine as it is so I might just leave them off. :?:

Evs

Advanced Member
If the hatch lifts OK with the original struts then I'd just leave it as it is, and keep the new ones for spares for when the originals do eventually get tired.

As Dan says, the shelf weighs very little anyway so I don't really understand the need for new struts tbh :?

mikegsi

Staff member
keep em for spares, they are easy to change though, spanner to undo the bolts and thats it mate

Neil_H

Advanced Member
That's what I thought, cheers! Guess I will leave them off for now - I agree the shelf weighs very little so can't see why they're needed. They look exactly the same too TBH :?

mikegsi

Staff member
mine gave way shortly after i got the car, someone had a spare set that i bought off them, easy job to do and saved my head getting bruised all the time from the boot hitting me while putting the shopping in the boot!!

dp9901

Advanced Member
hi where do you get these shelfs from as just getting my teg soon and it dont have one