Parcel Shelf

gonzo

Advanced Member
Ok, just recieved my shelf today! Fantastic bit of kit and well worth the money! Is just right for covering the boot!

However...

Also in the kit I recieved 2 new boot opener pistons.......Do I need to change the standard ones over to use with the parcel shelf?? It seems to work fine at the moment!! Any ideas why I have 2 new ones?!!

Cheers!

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
Was also wondering this after receiving delivery this morning! :?

Mine seems to be working fine, not a lot of extra weight for it to lift or anything.

Think I'll keep them as spare, doesn't appear to be any need to change them at the moment - unless anyone knows any different?

T666YPR

Are the struts the same as standard or different?

Can't understand why they would be included :?

Odd one that.

gonzo

Advanced Member
They look the same :?

Have a new pacl of fixings aswell....

all very weird!!

works perfectly fine without them on....but should i put them on???

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
When i fitted mine it didn't come with any extras and the shelf is so light i wouldn't have thought it needed any.
Always handy to have a set of spares i guess :)

Evs

Advanced Member
Mine (bought from japanparts.com) didn't come with new struts either, and I haven't had any problems with the original ones. Probably just an opportunity to throw in some unneccessary parts and charge you extra for the privilege... :?: :idea: :roll:

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Mine (bought from japanparts.com) didn't come with new struts either, and I haven't had any problems with the original ones. Probably just an opportunity to throw in some unneccessary parts and charge you extra for the privilege... :?: :idea: :roll:
Mine from the very same place did include the struts...

truffs

could be a fail safe i.e you bought the C pack but broke the parcel shelf and strut so they supply two new ones for you just in case (left and right) :?:

Evs

Advanced Member
jay.dee said:
Evs said:
Mine from the very same place did include the struts...
Hmmm... Looks like I missed out then - still, at least it probably cost a bit less to ship :wink:

truffs said:
could be a fail safe i.e you bought the C pack but broke the parcel shelf and strut so they supply two new ones for you just in case (left and right) :?:
Re the C-pack, might it have anything to do with the rear wiper? That might be heavy enough to make a difference, so they supply struts that will hold up a hatch with a wiper installed? :xhuh: :?:

gonzo

Advanced Member
Mine is a C-spec car with the new rear struts........seems to work fine on the standard ones though!! All very strange!!

dobber

Advanced Member
Mine came with a parcel shelf :p

And i have a spare one, just waiting for Andy to get his arse in gear and pick it up :)

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
Same here !!

They wouldnt have put them in for the sake of it !

I suppose we will have to wait and see if anyone has any problems.

nickyg63

dobber said:
Mine came with a parcel shelf :p

And i have a spare one, just waiting for Andy to get his arse in gear and pick it up :)

well if andy don`t want it i`ll have it :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
i need some new struts for mine, the ones that are in it sometimes hold the boot up and most of the time bring it down on my head!

if anyone wants to sell me their spare struts i'll take em off you (please!!)

i dont have a parcel shelf in mine either and for the price im not really bothered about having one!

Suped

Advanced Member
who can supply the parcel shelfs or direct me to purchasing one as I don't have one on me teg. :cry:

gonzo

Advanced Member
Suped said:
who can supply the parcel shelfs or direct me to purchasing one as I don't have one on me teg. :cry:

Log on to the civic forum and PM a guy called gary (PP:UK) he sourced a load for us recently :lol:

fonz600

Advanced Member
Is there any chance of getting a Group Buy organised for Parcel Shelfs? I'm sure if there was as I missed the one on CTRO then a few people are still after one