Parcel shelf???

Stewlark

Advanced Member
First of all, will the parcel shelf dull down the road noise in the car?

Secondly where can I get one? Vtecdirect is the only place I can find one and it's up for £209, are they really that expensive?

Please help?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
First of all, will the parcel shelf dull down the road noise in the car?
I really cant see it making much of a difference (i may be wrong), i noticed a good reduction in road noise when i changed my tires.

They do come up for sale on here from time to time but you will still be looking at £100 - £125.

For what it is, its expensive. this is why i decided to go without.

Stewlark

Advanced Member
Thanks,
my main thing is to reduce noise from the exhaust loudness from the rear, but if the general consensus is it don't make any difference I wont bother with it.

alfa27

Advanced Member
you can nearly see thru them so i cant see them making much of a difference noise wise.

if you wanted a tray to keep down the noice im sure you could build one

leejw87

Spoon Whore
If you want to reduce the noise from the exhaust you could buy sound proofing to fit under the trims and in the spare wheel well.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Over the last 2 weeks or so I've not had mine in (needed some extra boot space) and to be honest I've heard no difference, just the same.

I wouldn't fork out £200 for a new one so if it's annoying you that much then I would think about going down the route of sound proofing! Cheaper option!

Also the chaps have a point about your tyres, what do you have. Also remember, on most tyres the more they wear down the noiser they will be.

Failing all that just turn up the volume on the stereo :p

charliearli1234

my parcel shelf is starting 2 make some noise this week duno what it is tho maybe just some clips come uncliped or something? so if you get one mite not make it that
quieter lol.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
In all fairness, i would have thought that these sorts of cars you would understand if they were noisy, i mean they came factory standard with no sound deadening. Personally i love hearing my twinloop on the over run and on a long drone :twisted:

Gpack

I have had mine in and out several times since owning my DC5, and i have noticed a difference in road/exhaust noise.

Nothing major, but i am running a twin loop at the moment. They are expensive for what they are, have you tried Honda dealerships at all ?
Dave steels on here may be able to get a good price
As many have said you may drop lucky on one on here.

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
I sold one on here about a month or so back for 120 i think, they are just 2 bits of fabric in a plastic hoop so won't do anything for the noise.

There pretty much only for hiding whats in your boot if you don't have tints