Parked next to a DC2 the other day....

AdrianK

Advanced Member
What do people think of the 2 types, were parked in naff spaces so no chance to get good pics but shows the differences between older and newer.

I was thinking about getting a DC2 before the DC5, but now having owned the DC5 i just cant get on with the looks (especially of the back) of the DC2.

Anyone else's thoughts?

The Mofo

Advanced Member
When the DC2 was new it was a wicked car, fantastic engine good looks and brilliant handling. But that was when it was new, IMO I don't think it's aged well, sports cars these days are much more refined (for better or worse) and I think the DC2 just got left behind.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Actually it was always the front of my DC2s that I thought had aged most. They just look a bit emasculated next to DC5s and similar cars these days, still quite eyecatching on the road though.

ausR

Advanced Member
i used to like the shape of the dc2's untill the second i laid eyes on the dc5!

dan the man

Advanced Member
Still VERY eye catching on the road DC2s. Like any car desdigned over ten years ago- its gona look a bit old.

Lot more body mass on the DC5 everywhere, kinda grown chubby but with good looks- charlotte church? :eek:

AHH the memories of both side by side...

8)

linzi94

Advanced Member
I'll always like the looks of the dc2, especially the jdm model. having never driven one out of first gear i can comment on handling.

but of course i prefer my dc5, its something different and still sharp and new looking.

crxvtec

Advanced Member
People will have varied opinions on looks, however most will agree that the DC2R is more than the sum of its parts - I didn't think that a motor car could be that involving, that engaging and yet assembled from comparatively humble components at a moderate price.

I'd say that this is where the DC2 is superior to the DC5, in that the DC5 is simply a good car, well made and well assembled, whereas a DC2 simply doesn't deserve to be half as good as it actually is. It's a modern classic.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Totally agree with the above on the DC2, I think the DC5 is equally special though, at least in this country. If we were in Japan we might think a little differently with so many about.

The DC2 is still pretty minging by modern design standards though! :lol:

gregb

Advanced Member
Both cracking cars performance and visual either way.
Glad to have both.