PAS pump options.

George657

Advanced Member
Ok my power steering pump has started to make some noise, Iv already done the suggested..
Fluid flush (genuine Honda)
O ring replaced on the HP side

Just wondered how others have got around the problem, Iv heard an accord pump fits also a type S pump but the low pressure hose connections are different, is this correct?

Anyone actually have an accord pump or type s pump fitted?

SnejVTEC

Advanced Member
I bought it from a breaking Accord here in Sweden. Take a look on eBay and you may find one :).

George657

Advanced Member
Thanks Adam!

I guess that's the original part number for the Pas pump on the DC5. Was wondering what the accord pump number was.

adam.

Advanced Member

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I got a replacement low mileage example from a dc5 via japperformanceparts.com (or .co.uk) cant remember which. Not listed on their website, but call them up and have a chat. Good service and quick delivery. Bought a fair bit from them now with zero issues. :)

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
I overhauled my for £40 - All Honda O-rings, bearing, seals etc. Piece of cake. If your handy with tools its a doddle.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Phelpo711 said:
I overhauled my for £40 - All Honda O-rings, bearing, seals etc. Piece of cake. If your handy with tools its a doddle.
get a how to going then and part numbers please :)

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
I still have the diagram I used on my garage wall I think with the part numbers.

Dave at steels honda helped me and ordered them! I'll have the order form somewhere. The pump itself is very simple, if you have any engineering background it is simple. For those weekend mechanics it's still easy, I think there is a video on YouTube (rsx). I'll get some info for you all this weekend